Athlon XP Heatsink/Fan...

DeathMonk

Contributor
Veteran XV
What is a good heatsink/fan for an Athlon XP (Barton) that is quiet as possible and good for overclocking? Suggestions appreciated.

i got a thermalright slk something

its fucking awsome (around 40c, when it was originally around 70)

369pens.gif

I have a Volcano 11 xiter(or whatever) and while it is a good cooler (have a 1800+ running @2.1GHZ, it is not quiet.....overclocking with fans = noisy.....

DeathMonk said:
What is a good heatsink/fan for an Athlon XP (Barton) that is quiet as possible and good for overclocking? Suggestions appreciated.
the vantec aeroflow would be best for sound

otherwise find a coolermaster aero7+. It is a little noisy but it comes with a fan adjuster so you can just turn it down when you want.

Note though that the louder your hsf is, the better cooling you get. You can't get a silent fan and expect to keep great temps.

Pagy said:
aero7+
http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/da037a47ba0dbd1094134a544a75ff61.jpg[IMG]

this one is cool lookin
[IMG]http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/b07a6ec52659c1ac9b5dcd0253d5590f.jpg

That's fuckin sexy. :eek:

I have one of those 4' osocillating fans blowing on mine, stays around 37-38 C, gets up to 42-44 C during heavy processing :)

DeathMonk said:
It's for a home theatre pc, so having quiet is more important than a slight overclock I guess..
if you're set on quiet, go with a zalman

or you could get some of the best coolers in a thermalright or swiftech and buy a quiet fan for it...

make sure u get socket a :)

Yetskii said:
I have a Volcano 11 xiter(or whatever) and while it is a good cooler (have a 1800+ running @2.1GHZ, it is not quiet.....overclocking with fans = noisy.....

i have the same fan

it sounds like you could attach wings to my case and it'd take off

xpdnc said:
i have the same fan

it sounds like you could attach wings to my case and it'd take off
yeah, i have the 11+ xaser edition as well, i only ever turn it to 50% cause I don't need NOS that comes with 100%

Back