Need an opinion...

KGB_ate_myBread

Veteran XX
Ok, I've got a dilemma here.

I helped my friend buy a Geforce4 TI 4200 64mb card.
I found upon arrival he had no AGP port, not cool.

He still has the card and needs the money for it. Should I put it up on ebay, or buy it off him for about 85$ and replace my ATI all in wonder 8500DV?

Next thing, Should I sell both cards and try to come up even (or close to it) and use whatever money to get an ATI 9600 non-pro?

I think the 8500 DV could pull in about 145-150$, about the cost of a 9600 non pro.

I'm kinda torn here.

I like my All in Wonder, but it kinda limits me in game playing.
I wanna hold on to the card maybe for use in another, full blown multimedia computer, which would be fun.

However, I don't see that as being likely to happen. Don't really have room for two comps in my dorm room atm.

What the plan might be is this:

Buy back the GF4 , put it in this box (amd 2500+, 1024mb kingston value bleh).

I'd then put the 8500 DV in another box which would hopefully have an AGP port, put my 120gb in there (my media drive, tons of movies, mp3s,) and put my Santa Cruz in there.

I'd probably put my 5.1 speakers on the media box, and continue to use that box for further gaining media shit. I'd probably also type papers on this computer. This computer, which has an 80gb drive would then be strictly gaming/linux. I'd partition it up and have XP Pro, and a decent linux distro. I'd have nothing at risk of losing.

I'm torn between all of this though. I'm faced with room issues (for now, I'm gonna try and live in our frat house next year).

What should I do? I'm kinda torn between the ideas. Picking up a 9600 for this box would kick ass, just as having a 2nd computer (most likely a P3 at 900 mhz or less) would. Anyone wanna help me out?

I owe it to my friend to take the card off his hands since he can't use it, and I had him buy it

his dad would be pissed since it is technically his computer

I was hoping a friend of mine was going to buy it, b/c he was really interested, but he never returned my friend's calls

[OO]Machine said:
fucking duh response, return it!
Well, It was about a week before I left, and I didn't care to pay the shipping to get it sent back at the time, I wish I had now.
So it's been close to 2 months since he got it. I'm not sure I could technically send it back. I also figured it'd be better to sell it local being that someone would probably pay more than it's worth for it here

well, what would you guys do?
Get a pretty badass set up, or get a decent setup, and have a 2nd computer that'd be pretty cool

Back