compunerds lend me your nerdly wisdom

AutoMiss

Veteran X
my computer took a crap...i came home and it would not power down, and the hd and cd rom lights were on with nothing on the monitor

i flipped off the power and tried disconnecting the hd and cdrom's etc and it would power on, but still nothing on screen, and it would not turn off

im assuming the power supply is fried somehow, because it will start up as soon as you plug it in without the use of the case power button

is there any way to fix the power supply or should i just buy a new one?

if the power supply's fried, it shouldn't put through any power

dunno though

If power supply was dead, you wouldn't get any power.

I might be the case switch if you're able to start it without the switch, however if it's powers up and nothing happens, you're looking at an internal error.

First thing to check would be video card and memory.

Then motherboard and processer.

Try removing and reseating the v/c and memory

hey automiss try this:

turn it on and when it first starts to come on kill the power from the power strip for about 5secs and then turn it back on.

then turn the power on at the switch on the computer

when my computer loses power if i turn it on it does that same exact shit, but killing it at the power strip after it first starts up and then re-powering it seems to make it work.

i never figured out why it does that and i really guess i dont care.

well the power supply isn't dead because it makes power

however, i disconnected it from the motherboard and plugged it in, and it started running on its own

normally nothing would happen until you hit the case power switch

nolt said:
hey automiss try this:

turn it on and when it first starts to come on kill the power from the power strip for about 5secs and then turn it back on.

then turn the power on at the switch on the computer

when my computer loses power if i turn it on it does that same exact shit, but killing it at the power strip after it first starts up and then re-powering it seems to make it work.

i never figured out why it does that and i really guess i dont care.

ok it did the same thing, as soon as you plug it in it will start running no matter what, and the case switch does nothing

these new fangled adding machines got me all bamboozled

your case switch is borked. that is all

err, the wires that are involved with the switch anyways

Back