SHOCKER!!! Cheney is STILL getting $$ from Halliburton!

El Smack

Veteran X
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2233-2003Sep25.html

A Congressional Research Service report released yesterday concluded that federal ethics laws treat Vice President Cheney's annual deferred compensation checks and unexercised stock options as continuing financial interests in the Halliburton Co.

Democrats have aggressively challenged Cheney's claim that he has no financial ties to Halliburton, despite those arrangements.

But hey... there's no conflict of interest in giving Halliburton $1.7 Billion in Iraqi rebuilding contracts.

demsig4.jpg

logmans said:
It was to help the iraqis you faggit hippy, quit ur bitching.

THAT I understand. But why didn't the contracts go up for bid? why were they just given the Halliburton?

Buh bye.

I'm with orbiltal on this one. You can't deny a conflict of interest. Another company? I'm sure the French could do it.

[HvC]Scuba said:
They were bid out, unfortunately, the only company with the infrastructure and experience was Halliburton.

They were awarded a no-bid contract i.e. the contract went directly to halliburton.

Surely there are other companies that could do this job.

Sir Lucius said:
Some Mexicans with a couple of shovels could do it. Iraqis have low standards.

Fuck just send over a few trucks of beans and rice, deport mexicans to iraq, and the mexicans could do it with fucking LEAF BLOWERS.

Cheney doesn't have any active links to Halliburton now. Deferred compensation for work he did prior to becoming VP is all that he is getting. He also assigned future profits on his 7.8 million dollars worth of stock options to charity prior to taking office.

Cheney won't become any more or less wealthy due to fluctuations in Halliburton's stock...

That being said, I don't care much for Halliburton being awarded the reconstruction contract on a non-competitive basis.

-§trife- said:
Cheney doesn't have any active links to Halliburton now. Deferred compensation for work he did prior to becoming VP is all that he is getting. He also assigned future profits on his 7.8 million dollars worth of stock options to charity prior to taking office.

Cheney won't become any more or less wealthy due to fluctuations in Halliburton's stock...

That being said, I don't care much for Halliburton being awarded the reconstruction contract on a non-competitive basis.

hmm i wonder if he'll get a job back with all his old buddies when he's done being vp provided we get rid of W.

Back