What a neighbor actually thought first about 9/11

Midnj

Veteran XX
like right after the second plane hit...

she thought the second pilot had been distracted cuz of the first pilot accidentally crashing into the building that he himself hit the building by accident too

stinkin rubbernecking :lol:

yes, I felt this needed its own thread

Midnj said:
like right after the second plane hit...

she thought the second pilot had been distracted cuz of the first pilot accidentally crashing into the building that he himself hit the building by accident too

stinkin rubbernecking :lol:

yes, I felt this needed its own thread

This is unfunny on so many more levels than your typical "you ignorant unpatriotic insensitive irreverent bastard/bitch."

it's also funny that people were so supprised. I mean we knew about project Bojinka as far back as 95.

FngrBANG said:
This is unfunny on so many more levels than your typical "you ignorant unpatriotic insensitive irreverent bastard/bitch."

I'm sorry, but I was able to find the funny in this the day after 9/11 when she told us

Pilot - Oh look at that, the WTC is on fire ... "Ladies and Gentlmen, we are going in for a closer look at the WTC."

Once all the 9/11 hooplah started up and the government started the "dept of Homeland Security" and appointed a "director of Homeland Security", I was watching a press conference on TV and my mother turns to me and asks in all seriousness:

- "Wait... is that the guys you work with?"

and

- "Is that Sockpuppet?"

She actually thought that HomeLAN (who I worked with in WSBN) was the new government body and that Tom Ridge was Scott England, who I referred to in conversations as "Sockpuppet, the director of HomeLAN..."

:lol:

Last edited:
SuicideTaxi said:
Once all the 9/11 hooplah started up and the government started the "dept of Homeland Security" and appointed a "director of Homeland Security", I was watching a press conference on TV and my mother turns to me and asks in all seriousness:

- "Wait... is that the guys you work with?"

and

- "Is that Sockpuppet?"

She actually thought that HomeLAN (who I worked with in WSBN) was the new government body and that Tom Ridge was Scott England, who I referred to in conversations as "Sockpuppet, the director of HomeLAN..."

Back