HW2/ Horisons

MajorChaos

Contributor
Veteran X
I was wondering when, or if there is an exact date for the release of Homeworld2. Personaly, i think the demo is amazing itself. I know that this is OFN.

My other topic for this thread is about Horisons. I am currently beta testing it. Horisons almost seems to far to be a mix of DAOC, and EQ. There crafting system is varys a bit from traditional mmorps, and there is one new class thats not in ANY mmorpg as of yet. Horisons introduces a new charecter class, the Dragons (what i currently am). They cannot where armor or any objects for that matter, that i know of. How ever they have natrual armor bonuses and they used unarmed combat with a begining special ability to breath fire.

The game is pretty self explanitory, dident take very long to figure anyting out. The only problem I, and many other peopel are having is the massive lag when you ger close to a town. Even though it dissaptes, it dose not go away fully... but hey.. its still in beta.

One other fact of this game i find intresting is that you can get recorces out of pretty much anything. For example, I walk up to a tree, right click on it and a tab appears that says "Gather recorces." At the time I could not perform it, guess you need to buy a saw or something. I have also seem mines you can go to.

Graphicly, Id say this game is about at the DAOC level, perhapse a little lower. I have a ati9700 pro, if i turn the graphics all the way up i get about 4-2 fps =/.

All in all, from what i have played around with in the beta so far id give this game a 6/10. If you into mmorpgs alot, this might be worth your time. It is cool as hell being a dragon to.

Visit http://www.istaria.com/ for more information.

my friend, who has Horizons beta as well, told me its really not that great yet. It doesnt really have anything to distinguish it from other MORPGs, besides dragons i guess. And a lot of stuff isnt implemented yet in beta.

Back