photoshop question, how do i make this barcode look good?

if it has to be that bar code then you can use the eraser and shift click straight lines on all of the black jagged edges but that would be tedious...

or maybe mask and fill each line...

that would be tedious too...

or just go find the same bar code that you don't have to scew to rotate it up straight...

the are probably other ways too.

some programs have anti-aliasing options, cant remember which ones though...I'm thinking fireworks...that might help, I dunno though because those are pretty big jaggies. I would re-scan it personally. :shrug:

WrathChild said:
You try Filter.. Sharpen?

that wouldn't work

his best bet is using the rectangle select tool to straighten out the lines. the numbers, well.. you'll just have to leave as is or find a font like that to just type it in.

make a new layer, use the marquee box and outline the squares, fill with black. retype the numbers so they look hi-res to match.

vgx mr. smart guy! :p

I'm learning photoshop too...this took me like 5 mins to fix up. I can tell you how I did it (i think) if you want. The only thing different is the numbers, I didn't spend any time on trying to make sure they looked the same as the other ones, just wanted it to all look anti-aliased. Not sure if this is what you were looking for.

serial.jpg

If you're using that barcode in a design of some sort (either print or web), please reconsider. It's been overused already. If it's for something else, please ignore this post.

Coolguy said:
What plugin or edit did you use to do that buddy?

No plugin, just selected the bar code, then went through and de-selected the white parts added a new layer, colored that black and then cleaned the rest up. There were a lot more steps than that, but it's the jist of what I did.

*bump* sorry, didn't get a chance to check back on my thread till now.

mangle me, yep, it's a ups. i'm just scanning the code in for my own records.

i DO have the original jugs, so i could rescan it, but i'd prefer knowing how to do this anyway, for future reference.

slam, very nice hmm, i'm gonna have to give that a shot.

so i guess there isn't like a few easy clicks to doing it, it does take some work... there isn't some weird builtin photoshop thing to just straighten shit out huh :)

thanks!

iNVAR said:
so i guess there isn't like a few easy clicks to doing it, it does take some work... there isn't some weird builtin photoshop thing to just straighten shit out huh :)

Thatd go along well with the Paint Photorealistic button, and the Airbrush Touch-Up button. Unfortunately there's already a Lensflare button :(

Back