First days of college...

Blumie

Banned
anyone else feel a bit out of place? Just kind of an odd feeling you know? Especially when one is 1,172 miles from home.

Blumie said:
anyone else feel a bit out of place? Just kind of an odd feeling you know? Especially when one is 1,172 miles from home.

:)

you have nothing to worry about. Just accept invitations, make an effort to socialize with people, and before you know it this will seem more like home to you than your parents house.

Party hard, find a woman and career!

I don't.. but I already know a ton of people here.. not that im chilling /w them or anything.. just get involved..
(like I just went to an engineering fair and put my email on all the lists and everything for the frats/engineering project stuff... )
and I plan on doing teh ski team
I would do intermural soccer but its by dorm and my dorm has a guy from England and a guy from France so I have no chance in making that team... Its pry harder to make than the college team rofl..
so just get involved and it will become your new home
but dont drink TOO much, that way u can laugh at all the kids that think they are ultra cool when they fail out

Also remember this: Most likely those first classes you are taking will be the easiest ones of your stay there. Get all A's and NEVER let up, and after you graduate, you will realize that hard work does have rewards.

Oh, and I second the "Do papers early" approach :)

Blumie said:
da baby is homesick

eva cute
:)

I always thought the first 2-3 weeks of college were the most fun. It's all a bunch of people that don't know each other and fun to hang out with a variety of different people before everybody segregates into various cliques.

Blumie said:

Easiest way to get to know people living around you is to leave your dorm room open while you're there.

I feel so fucking in place, I'm fucking loving it. Everyone I keep meeting is friendly and so fucking cool. I've been hanging out with a bunch of upperclassmen and some fraternities. Last night I was up till 5:45am just fucking around. Stayed at one guys dorm having some drinks till about 3, smoked a black and mild. Went back to my dorm at about close to 4, and saw some more people I know, and just fucking hung out with them. Just having a blast here. I also met this pretty cute chick who's been really awesome to hang out with, and my room mate is cool as all hell. Tommorrow starts classes. I think I'm going to be ready for them. Oh, and college is just fucking great. So much to do, so little time it seems

My roommate didn't show up, and while I get along great with the girls of my floor, the guys are absolutely boring.

It's been a bag of mixed nuts.

Good luck freshman... I love it at school... Haven't done shit but party and occasionally get on my computer. It's great, enjoy it while it lasts.

i was talking to and chilling with people next door, across hall and down hall the first day

and i wetn home every 2 or so weeks cuz a kid across the hall lived 20 min from me.

next year im rooming with a kid i met on the OSU DC++ Hub (both metalheads) and we're gonna make sure we know most people on our hall.

i leave 4 college next week, and, according to ratemyprofessors.com, one of my professors regularly comes to class drunk or hungover

Back