Just got some bad news

JuggerNaught

Contributor
Veteran XX
My bro is 26..he's in the hospital, he's been having stomach troubles for the longest time. The doctors think he has chrones's (sp) disease..and they are going to have to take out a large selection of his intestines...and he's going to have to wear a cholostomy(sp) bag...26 years old and has to wear that stuff..sucks. he should know for sure by tomorrow

A what bag?

It sounds horrible, but I do not fully know what it is. My best guess is basically a portable shitter. Sorry to hear that, man.

bagofgutrs.jpg

Last edited:
JuggerNaught said:
My bro is 26..he's in the hospital, he's been having stomach troubles for the longest time. The doctors think he has chrones's (sp) disease..and they are going to have to take out a large selection of his intestines...and he's going to have to wear a cholostomy(sp) bag...26 years old and has to wear that stuff..sucks. he should know for sure by tomorrow

does he have to wear it for the rest of his life or just part time?

sorry to hear it.

Rabid Poop said:
does he have to wear it for the rest of his life or just part time?

sorry to hear it.

as far as i know, it will be for the rest of his life dont really know if he needs it yet, docs are checking him out

his stomach has been fucked for about 2-3 years now. I firmly believe that its because of his diet and exercise. he's a gamer and i can guarantee you he hasnt left the front of his machine for more than a day in the last 2 years. he eats all his meals in front of it and get no exercise and then wonders why he has digestive problems

He must have serious disease if they're thinking of doing a colostomy at such a young age. Unfortunately, colostomies are not curative of Crohn's, and it's unusual for them to try something as drastic as surgery before other treatments, such as immunosupressives or steroids.

[insert obligatory AIDS water joke here]

JuggerNaught said:
his stomach has been fucked for about 2-3 years now. I firmly believe that its because of his diet and exercise. he's a gamer and i can guarantee you he hasnt left the front of his machine for more than a day in the last 2 years. he eats all his meals in front of it and get no exercise and then wonders why he has digestive problems

Crohn's is most likely an autoimmune problem and there has been no research that shows it has to do with diet or level of activity as the main causation of Crohn's.

Yobol said:
Crohn's is most likely an autoimmune problem and there has been no research that shows it has to do with diet or level of activity as the main causation of Crohn's.

really? I'm serious, he will eat all his meals in a sitting position and never get any kind of exercise whatsoever, he's overweight, out of shape..and at this point generall fucked. i would think just sitting like that during all meals and never exercising would cause his issues...dunno.

Yobol said:

Has there been conclusive proof of this yet, or is all still theory?
One theory in the past on the cause of crohn's was because of an unhappy childhood.. that was disproven though

Back