First flies flying out of penis, now another boy has ants crawling out of his eyes

Boy with ants crawling out of his eye baffle doctors

PTI

BURDWAN: After the baffling case of the boy who passed live flies while urinating, an eleven year old was on Thursday admitted to a government hospital for investigation why black ants were crawling out of his left eye since last week.

A resident of Tahala village of Birbhum district, Abu Bakkar, a farmer's son, was first taken to the district headquarters hospital at Suri with his bizarre complaint, from where he was referred to the Burdwan Medical College and Hospital here.

The left eye of the boy was swollen and had a reddish appearance. Black ants were emerging at regular intervals, hospital sources said.

He would be kept under observation for two days, the sources said.

Incidentally, it was at this very hospital that 13-year-old Chandan Goswami, was admitted last month after he began ejecting live flies while passing urine.

Goswami's case had also baffled doctors, who initially thought that larvae from eggs laid by a fly which had somehow entered his body was responsible for the phenomenon.

He was shifted to the SSKM Hospital at Kolkata, where after a cysto-urothrescopy, doctors declared that it could be a stray case of flies coming from an external source and falling in while the boy was urinating.

edit: at http://newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IEP20030724143426&Page=P&Title=States&rLink=0

Last edited:
I'd like to carry my own colony of army ants with me whereever I go. If anyone opposed me I would just bend over and within 15 minuets there would be nothing but a little bone and sinew left on the ground.

Back