Arnold Schwarzenegger will probably not run for California governor

-raven-

Veteran X
Officially, Arnold announced today that he's "considering" running for governor. But, it's starting to get around that Arnold's wife is against him running for governor. Now Drudge has learned that he has already made the decision not to run.

Here's the full scoop from Drudge:

Drudge said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger Said Not Running, sources close to the actor tell the DRUDGE REPORT, citing family concerns... Developing...

Arnold's spokesman said:
"Arnold is discussing his candidacy with his family. He is weighing the pros and cons of a candidacy and has made no determination at this time as to whether he will run in a likely recall election, nor has he made a determination that he will not run.

Media reports that Arnold has made a decision not to run are incorrect.

At this time, we are monitoring the activities of the Secretary of State’s office and the Lieutenant Governor’s office, as well as potential court challenges."

Also, polls show that although only roughly 25% of Californians approve of Gray Davis's job, 51% say they would not vote to recall him.

Even though Californians hate Gray, the alternative, a Republican, is NOT an option for most.

This is what Gray had to say:

"This election is not about changing governors. It's about changing direction and I am confident the voters of this state will not opt for a right-wing agenda over a progressive agenda."

and I think he's right. I think Arnold is the only shot at replacing him, since Arnold is closer to libertarian than conservative in my opinion. And he's got a name, a name so powerful that people might overlook his views and vote for him anyways.

Last edited:
Raven64 said:
Also, polls show that although only roughly 25% of Californians approve of Gray Davis's job, 51% say they would not vote to recall him.

Even though Californians hate Gray, the alternative, a Republican, is NOT an option for most.

People aren't smart enough to vote for political reasons. Especially people from California (no offense guys). They'll see Terminator running and go vote for him just for those reasons.

Glow said:
People aren't smart enough to vote for political reasons. Especially people from California (no offense guys). They'll see Terminator running and go vote for him just for those reasons.
yeah i edited but looks like I didnt fix it till you replied :/

FalseMyrmidon said:
go vote for the king of australia then
wait until we have the terminator as president then you'll care

1. We don't have a king.
2. You don't seem to care who the other 49 gov's are.. and how they would be as pres so why really care about arnie.

Beren said:
1. We don't have a king.
2. You don't seem to care who the other 49 gov's are.. and how they would be as pres so why really care about arnie.
because he's the TERMINATOR and he killed predator with a LOG

pssst. Ah-nold is AustrIAN. u know, the place Hitler is from....over in Europe, next to Germany....

and no foreigners can be president btw. which is ok since he's running for governor

Back