Mp3 players - how to choose?

Prop

Contributor
Veteran XX
Hmmm... im stuck here. Someone tell me what some good Mp3s are... or the best etc. Help me out i have a 6hours car trip ahead of me soon to come.

wasabi said:
No

i said end of thread, damnit
mmm ok

_______________________________________________---

New thread begins

since the 30gb one is ~$500, is there anywhere to get used gear?

dude if you honostly need 30 gigs for mp3s, shame on you

10 is fine.

you could get a 2nd gen 10 gig on ebay for a good price

I got an mp3 player a couple weeks ago, but it's for working out/on the go stuff, not longass road trips. 128MB is fine for me (plus a memory expansion slot if I need more). I fucking love my mp3 player, though.

I use these badboys when i travel
et-flying-bikes-fo-sm.jpg

I only have 192 MB on my mp3 player, lasts awhile, but no road trip.

iPod > *, hands down, its the best mp3 player I've ever had the chance to use, if you can afford one

I'm looking for a small, light, and durable one for when I ski. The ipod won't cut it because I heard that if you fall you could break the hd. Would a MD be better?

i've had the iriver slimx400 for about a month, and all praise so far.
it's mp3-cd though... there's nothing difficult about burning cd's though.

FortuneCookie said:
I'm looking for a small, light, and durable one for when I ski. The ipod won't cut it because I heard that if you fall you could break the hd. Would a MD be better?

The one I got might be good for that. I researched mp3 players a LOT before I decided on getting one, and I finally decided on the FL100 from Digitalway. It's really light, goes 11 hours on one AAA battery, 128MB storage (plus memory card), and it's got all kinds of other junk. Very durable (and shiny), a piece of cake to use, excellent sound quality, blah blah.

I got mine for $140 off of Amazon. I've used it constantly over the past couple weeks for jogging and/or other boredom times.

I also had an mp3/cd player prior to buying this, but I hated it. The skip protection, no matter how long, is just crap. CDs are just bulky, no matter how you look at it, anyways. solid state 4 lyfe.

That one looks nice groin, too bad it wasn't available around christmas.

I got this one instead:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007KE6V/002-5274260-1002426?v=glance

256 meg version, fits comfortably in any pocket (unlike ipods) and runs for 10 hours on nimh AAA. It fits like 5-6 cds and I have enough room left on it to record lectures if I sleep through classes. And being solid state it's nice for jogging/exercise.

Last edited:
I'm kind of in a dilemma. I want a mp3 player, but a place I'd use it alot would be in the gym. I was looking at the Creative Nomad Zen, but don't want to get it all sweaty and shit.

The new one by creative I think (was posted like yesterday) sounds good but the price is a bit steep. I hear that since the lithium batteries are internal that after 2 yrs they die and you can't replace them. Anyone else hear about that? And yeah, slimx is good.

I've got the Nex IIe and love it. It's small, light, and fairly cheap. It uses flash cards for it's memory, so you can get up to a gig if you can afford it. Right now I've got a 192 meg card in mine.

I bought it on ebay for a little cheaper than the website.

http://www.frontierlabs.com/

Back