Death of the internet any day! The End Is Nigh!!

K-Rex

Veteran X
Via Fark via Slashdot...

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/07/17/0545242&mode=nested&tid=126&tid=128&tid=137&tid=172

Major Flaw Found In Cisco IOS Devices

Posted by simoniker on Thursday July 17, @01:52AM
from the uh-oh-spaghettios dept.
Joff_NZ writes "CERT has released an advisory regarding a serious flaw in all Cisco routers and switches which run IOS and process IPv4 packets (i.e. pretty much everything), which causes the device to stop processing inbound packets, and so: 'The device must be rebooted to clear the input queue on the interface, and will not reload without user intervention.' There are apparently no known exploits (yet), and Cisco have this advisory with a workaround and available fixes."

sorry_nye.gif

k-rex, please quote this for data :

nobody (absolutely nobody) gives a shit that you have anyone on ignore, stop posting everytime you see that "someone has posted, but they are on ignore."

So back to the thread...

I work with Cisco routers and IOS. I don't get what the big deal is.

Edit: Shut up Gon. I know its you. :finger:

Gon said:
k-rex, please quote this for data :

nobody (absolutely nobody) gives a shit that you have anyone on ignore, stop posting everytime you see that "someone has posted, but they are on ignore."

Sorry Gon. I'll continue to do it just because I know it annoys the shit out of you. :finger:

Ash_Parnal said:
Isn't this like the FOURTH time they've found some problems with cisco routers? :p

As opposed to today's umpteen-millionth Windows Security Flaw (see HardOCP News)? :lol:

Back