Iraqi civilians chase and kill six British troops

Yes, they are loving us over there more and more each day. Summary of news article: Iraqis demonstrate over British occupation, British shoot demonstrators and kill them, Iraqi civilians hunt and kill British troops.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29385-2003Jun25.html

Townspeople Chased, Killed U.K. Troops
The Associated Press
Wednesday, June 25, 2003; 4:06 AM

MAJAR AL-KABIR, Iraq - Townspeople furious over civilian deaths during a demonstration in this southern Iraqi town chased down and killed six British military police, local police said Wednesday.

Abbas Faddhel, an Iraqi policeman in the town, said the British troops shot and killed four civilian demonstrators on Tuesday.

Armed civilians then killed two of the British soldiers at the scene of the demonstration - in front of the mayor's office - and then chased four other British soldiers to a police station, killing them after a two-hour gunbattle, Faddhel said.

Abu Zahraa, a 30-year-old local vendor, also said that Iraqi civilians were killed by British soldiers during a demonstration earlier Tuesday against the presence of British forces in the city. He said the British had formally agreed a day earlier to let local police patrol the city.

Zahraa and another witness, who declined to give his name, said the British troops came under attack and retreated to the local police station. Angry townspeople then went to their homes to fetch assault rifles, returned to the station and attacked the besieged British soldiers, all of whom died, the witnesses said.

The witnesses said that two Iraqis died in the firefight with townspeople, but Faddhel, the policeman, could not confirm that account.

< CONTINUED AT http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29385-2003Jun25.html >

65% of the Iraqis are glad we went in and are taking care of things there. :eek:

Does "vocal minority" mean anything to you?

Last edited:
I saw the poll this past weekend. Fucking sorry for not going and finding it when I'm also working on a huge fucking literary analysis for a bullshit class.

Here's a link fuckface http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,90166,00.html

The poll was conducted by CBS and Reuters. It states that 65% say the troops need to stay until the situation is stable.

They also bitch that rebuilding efforts are "inadequate," although it's only been a month, so they can cry me a fucking river for all I care.

Reno, that poll doesn't say "65% of the Iraqis are glad we went in and are taking care of things there." Jesus fucking christ you're dumb. That says 65% of people in BAGHDAD want us to stay and clean up our own fucking mess.

By the way, 3023 American civilians died on September 11, while anywhere between 5570-7243 Iraqi civilians were killed, and nobody in their country or government was behind the 9/11 attacks. Haven't we evened the body count yet, so the redneck hicks can stfu?

oh yes, such a HUGE mess :rolleyes:

That whole "looted artifacts" thing was fake, the people there are free for once in their lives, and their current quality of life is far better than anything under Hussein. Troops are giving them gasoline, food, water, etcs.

If you REALLY think this is about going and killing civilians, you're a complete fucking moron.

Yeah Reno, because instantly changing a country's government has never made a big mess :rolleyes: And since the museum looting story is disputed, we can draw the conclusion that there was absolutley NO looting in Iraq :lies:

I'm sure their quality of life is great with no electricity or running water in many parts of the country. Of course I'm sure FOXNEWS will tell me that's a myth, and reveal that every Iraqi ran out and bought a yacht after Hussein was overthrown :rolleyes:

Come on Reno, I'm sure you have some poll of what vegitarians think of KFC in Japan to back up your argument

Last edited:
The looting thing was complete BS. Museum workers took home almost all the artifacts before the was even started. There's nothing to dispute, it's complete shit.

Yes, because the museum was the ONLY thing looted in Iraq. God, you're such a dense dipshit. All those reports of shopkeepers standing in their shops with AK-47s must be lies too, right

why don't you guys just let this thread die right now to avoid a pointless 5 page flame war where neither of you says anything remotely interesting/factual?

other shit was looted, but the huge bitching was about the museum. wah, people stole shit from government buildings, :baby:

I love your logic, the Museum wasn't looted so we shouldn't care about looting at all. I guess if I go loot the local 7-11 it doesn't matter since at least the Iraqi museum of fucking Pots wasn't looted

Congratulations on making Tribalwar's 10,000th* super shitty thread!

*[size=-3]Didn't actually count bad threads[/size]

You're really grasping here.

Tell me, what specific aspect of the looting was everyone crying about? Oh yeah, the museum.

Back