I really hate....

[THE]Perrin

Veteran X
People that try to correct spelling over IRC or TW. There's a degree to which I don't mind, but when the point is perfectly easy to understand, but you just feel like nitpicking it, go fuck yourself.

I'll be the first to admit my grammar and spelling are not exactly up to par, that's what comes from reading to much, and writing to little.

But when I'm posting in TW, or in IRC. It's for fun. And I don't plan to spell check my fucking posts before I do so.

If you are too stupid to translate the slight spelling and gramatical errors, ignore me.

Synopsys: Kesh is a faggot, and my spelling blows.

You may now mpick apart this post for errors. Thank you.

I correct people online so that they don't make the same mistake doing a job interview or something. Poor spelling is not like a switch that you can turn on or off.

the point, to me, is that when you make blatant spelling and usage errors, you're just showing that you have no command of the language you speak. Misspell a tough word, or make an obvious typo, no big deal. It's the wrong "your" and shit like that which are particularly disturbing, because they show that you just don't know. It's not that you aren't going to spellcheck/grammarcheck your stuff on TW, its that you shouldn't have to.

i always look at it as their problem not mine when they let the little things like "your not You're" bother them.

Back