duel monitor question

Sensi

Veteran X
dual monitor question

hey all. is there any way so that if i am playing a game on monitor1, and i click on something on monitor 2, it wont minimize my game on monitor 1? thanks

also --- is there a way to make it so i have a taskbar on the second monitor?

Last edited:
5 entries found for duel.
du·el ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dl, dy-)
n.
A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.
A struggle for domination between two contending persons, groups, or ideas.

v. du·eled, or du·elled du·el·ing, or du·el·ling du·els or du·els
v. tr.
To engage (another) in or as if in formal combat.
To oppose actively and forcefully.

v. intr.
To engage in or as if in formal combat.

du·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dl, dy-)
adj.

1. Composed of two usually like or complementary parts; double: dual controls for pilot and copilot; a car with dual exhaust pipes.
2. Having a double character or purpose: a belief in the dual nature of reality.
3. Grammar. Of, relating to, or being a number category that indicates two persons or things, as in Greek, Sanskrit, and Old English.

du·el ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dl, dy-)
n.

1. A prearranged, formal combat between two persons, usually fought to settle a point of honor.
2. A struggle for domination between two contending persons, groups, or ideas.

And the taskbar should extend across both monitors if the card you're using is duAL-headed and you have monitor spanning enabled.

oh, typo, sorry about that :p

kura, could it be that the resolutions are diff?

this monitor is 1600x1200, other is 1124x846 or whatever

Everyone get Ultramon

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

I use it for a hotkey (mine is alt-q) to move windows between monitors. Ive actually got triple monitors set up and I dont know what I'd do without this proggy.

It also has a smart taskbar, so when you move a window to another monitor, it appears only on the taskbar on the monitor its on.

and the answer is no to your question. almost everything does that for me except for enemy territory. and ive done my research, been running multi monitors for years. you'll get used to that limitation. afaik its a windows thing.

and monitor spanning is evil
i dont want one big 3200x1200 workspace. i want 2 1600x1200 workspaces. (they both show up as sep monitors in the advanced display thing)

again use ultramon for super smart taskbar its great!!

TySoft said:
and monitor spanning is evil
i dont want one big 3200x1200 workspace. i want 2 1600x1200 workspaces. (they both show up as sep monitors in the advanced display thing)

again use ultramon for super smart taskbar its great!!

well the thing is i want to make good use out of my sony 21 inch flatscreen monitor, thats why i am running 1600x1200 on this one rather then a small crappy res

Back