Baseball Rumor... Herbz?

Jazmine

Veteran X
I heard during our game yesterday vs the Angels that there is a rumor going around that Stienbrenner is unhappy with the way things are going with the Yankee's and is considering offering Lou Pinella a trade with Joe Torre. Have you heard anything about that? That would be pretty wild.

T w i z t i D said:
honestly, i haven't heard this at all, Jaz, and it sounds quite ridiculous
The announcers for the M's were the one's talking about it. I doubt they made it up.

that came off wrong, i wasn't saying that I thought you or they were full of it, the ridiculous part was separate from the i hadn't heard it part

I hate this time of the year...the only sport really on is baseball...and the Texas Rangers...well...suck!

CrazyLEG said:
I hate this time of the year...the only sport really on is baseball...and the Texas Rangers...well...suck!

Nobody is allowed to complain unless you like the Padres...so quiet down. ;)

:(

George firing Torre is ridiculous, but I'd never be suprised of anything George would do. Somehow I doubt that Pinella wants to leave home and future retirement community for a return to the acrimony of being the Yankee's manager.

i don't think that warrants an 'upset'...

he had enough in seattle...why would u want a manager who simply doesn't want to be there anymore?

he did well and enjoyed his time there...

it's just um...a bit depressing when your gm and ownership refuses to increase the payroll and all the other teams do...

not saying that is why he left...he wanted to be closer to home...east coast and nY is only a 5 hour flight home...hehe

regardless, there is no way he's going to the yankees this year....there will be no manager trade...roflZ

The Yanks will just buy Vlad Guerrero or Barry Bonds after this year and all will be well. Yet another reason why NFL > all other pro sports.

sorry but vlad and bonds both have 0% chance to play for the yankees next year...

vlad is going to queens :D

Yea, because the Mets have such a good record with free agents as of late. They are more likely to go after Bonds seeing as he is old and, despite still being good, probably has already played his best baseball. That sure sounds like a Met to me.

Barry Bonds is outa the question.

He's got a max of 3 more years in him, and he's gonna play em out in SF.

Vlad isn't though, although i think SF will pursue him heavily as Bonds' replacement.

Well Miguel Tejada might be available for cheap after this season. Maybe the Yanks can grab him and move him over to third. They'd have a pretty decent infield then.

Back