how much emphasis do woman place on looks?

IHateU2

Veteran X
Is it as high as men do?

Could a ugly guy make a girl like him?
Could a "hot" guy turn a girl off?

Discuss.

FalseMyrmidon said:
they place no emphasis on looks because it makes them look shallow
Thats exactly my point well sort of. Do they hide how much they care about it, or do they genuianley not give a damn.

IHateU2 said:
Thats exactly my point well sort of. Do they hide how much they care about it, or do they genuianley not give a damn.
how many hot chicks do you see with bald ugly fat asses? 0 unless they happen to have a ton of money

FalseMyrmidon said:
how many hot chicks do you see with bald ugly fat asses? 0 unless they happen to have a ton of money

You're probably looking at the 16-25 age demographic. Look at all the older guys.

I wouldn't be seen in public with an ugly guy or a fatass.

And yeah, I am a shallow bitch. So what? You're not getting any of this.

Unless I like you, I won't like you.

Last edited:
It depends on what they're looking for ..

If it's just sexual, then looks could probably be pretty important.
If it's more relationship-based I think that women in general probably place less emphasis on looks than men but I think this is also affected by the age of the individual.

I think the older you get (in both sexes) many people become less focused on the outside and more on the personality. If you are looking for a partner for life, then you realize that looks aren't going to be there forever.

Midnj said:
women can see past looks, unlike us :) confidence is key with them

no, instead they focus on money and power which we really don't care about. depends on what you think is more shallow.

it's the whole celebrity syndrome. women like hollywood male stars more for their money and power (which they don't actually have) and use the looks as a right off.

if brad pitt was another joe on the street women would just be like "yeah he's good looking." but since he is a celeb. women are like "oh my god I have to go finger myself everytime I see him."

Phantomstranger said:
no, instead they focus on money and power which we really don't care about. depends on what you think is more shallow.

it's the whole celebrity syndrome. women like hollywood male stars more for their money and power (which they don't actually have) and use the looks as a right off.

if brad pitt was another joe on the street women would just be like "yeah he's good looking." but since he is a celeb. women are like "oh my god I have to go finger myself everytime I see him."

wow, dumbest post all year

A lot actually. I see ugly mofos with hotties all the time.

Yea money can be important to some women, but personality/confidence/humor/job proffessions gets them just as much.

If you are in a band thats like guarenteed sex all the time.

It kinda depends how old you are as well. In high school they date popular/jock/good looking types moreso than after they hit college and beyond. Frats, clubs, ie being connected to the right scene (if a girl likes artsy types, join the poetry club :p ) is also key.

The real player, reads what the girl likes/what her weaknesses are, and can change his personality at whim.

I asked a female friend this same question and she replied, "As much as we hate to admit it, looks comes first." :shrug:

Back