Decide what college i go to!

also, the "better" education you'd receive at berkeley didn't outweigh being happy w/ where i was living for 4 years of my life...

in college you'll meet a lot of new people, if you go to uscd it's pretty likely you'll remain best friends with the guy, yeah, but if it's the girl that pisses you off. do you really want to consider her in your future plans? ;

FuFu said:
no. a very expensive lawyer(who was given a top 25 lawyers of the millenium from the governor + has a picture of one thousand pounds of cocaine next to his desk from one of his clients) will probly take care of that.

can we get back on topic-

is going to a college because of an HS close friend worth it.

No. Go to the college that is better. You won't lose your friends if you keep in touch. Plus, you'll make new friends. Don't worry. Go to the better school. You'll reap the benefits later.

following your best friend is NOT a good reason to go to college. if you are that good of friends you'll be able to maintain a good long distance friendship. I had a lot of friends decide to go to my same college(osu) a few months after i said i was going, and at that time they said they didnt know where they wanted to go. basically they admitted that had no reason for going there(except me).

i wasnt mad, just dont expect everything to be the same as in high school. a lot of my friends started to resent me when i didnt hang out with them as much and i did stuff with new friends all the time. of 5 friends who went to osu with me i still talk to 1 as of right now. my best friend, however, went to a college in michigan, i talked to him every few days online, never saw him except for christmas, and we are still best friends.

basically, dont let your friends from hs hold you back, and dont be that friend that your friend feels is holding them back. if you're really good friends with him/her now then you will be next year wherever you go.

So you want to go to college in order to party and have a good time?

"Would you like fries with that sir?"

memorize that line it will help you in the future

edit: not that you can't party at berkley, but seriously the main focus of college is education

Back