BF42 Help With Bug (pics)

-ReP-

Veteran X
I get this graphic bug on rtr maps only... I just installed new patch and it's still happening. These two shots are me looking at a tank but it happens with all the vehicles on and off... I also get total system lock ups after it happens for a while requiring a reboot. Anyone have any ideas or a board I could do to for help?

System Specs:
Athlon XP 1700
768 Mb PC133
GeForce 3 64mb
Turtle Beach Soundcard

http://bladewalker.cracked.org/images/TankGraphicFUp1.jpg
http://bladewalker.cracked.org/images/TankGraphicFUp2.jpg

Thx for any help.

-ReP- said:
I get this graphic bug on rtr maps only... I just installed new patch and it's still happening. These two shots are me looking at a tank but it happens with all the vehicles on and off... I also get total system lock ups after it happens for a while requiring a reboot. Anyone have any ideas or a board I could do to for help?

System Specs:
Athlon XP 1700
768 Mb PC133
GeForce 3 64mb
Turtle Beach Soundcard

http://bladewalker.cracked.org/images/TankGraphicFUp1.jpg
http://bladewalker.cracked.org/images/TankGraphicFUp2.jpg

Thx for any help.

The graphics will display correctly once you have exited your status as a member.

lol yankee, I'm usually assault or medic... I just grabbed some quick screens to show you guys. (I hate em too) ;)

Looks and sounds like the video overheating. Make sure the fan is still spinning. I recently fixed a PC for a friend whos fan died on his Ti4600. The heat caused gfx errors and lock up, like you describe.

But you should also listen to the above post and check all your drivers. Chipset, card, sound, etc.

Happen in other games?

Actually that looks more along the lines of what happens in Dark Age of Camelot. Only way to really fix it is to exit or restart the computer before the lockups occures. I believe its due to the memory on the card reaching capacity and the images start caching improperly.

Emilee it doesn't happen in any other games... including really long sessions of UT2k3, T2, RTCW:ET, and others... it's bf42 specific. Heat is not an issue.

There are a few thigns to try. For 1, dont' pump your gf3 card up to max settings for this game. I've had problems with my Radeon9500 pro too.

And you can also set your refresh rate in game by setting "allowallrefreshrates" to 1. In your bf1942/mods/bf1942 folder somewhere.

Ordos said:
Actually that looks more along the lines of what happens in Dark Age of Camelot. Only way to really fix it is to exit or restart the computer before the lockups occures. I believe its due to the memory on the card reaching capacity and the images start caching improperly.

It happens even with the lowest graphic settings...

Gman you believe it could be the refresh rate? Cause as I said it happens even on lowest graphics...

edit: Is there a rtr specific patch I am missing?

I doubt you're getting that much trouble just because of the refresh rates. But at least you can rule that out as a problem.

After changing that setting, you can go change your video in game and it'll give you the @85 hrz or whatnot on each settnig level.

If it's just RtR, you might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

-ReP- said:
It happens even with the lowest graphic settings...

Even at the lowest, it still takes up memory on the card. I'm not saying that is the cause, but its very similar to the way DAoC had it. It could just be game specific due to the nature of the coding and your graphics card because my Geforce 3 ti500 when I had it had the exact same affect as you in Dark Age but never did it for BF ... so who knows. Just giving another possibly theory.

I dunno then, maybe a fresh install? Save your profile if you dont want to do all your settings again. Or maybe try it without it, maybe some setting in there is messing it up.

It wouldn't be the refresh rate. If that "allowall" setting was off, he wouldn't be running the game at all (except at default, unforgivable, stomach churning, eye bleeding 60hz)

It looks like overheating to me as well, but if you're sure it's not... shrug.

(T1 went all pink and blue on me once. I thought I had caught the gay, but it was just my TNT overheating)

Back