Adaptation

Mega Boris

Contributor
Veteran XX
just saw the dvd, and felt i must vent:

this was one of the best movies i've seen in a long time.

not only is the acting great but the story is brilliant and really has you thinking at the end.

i never saw it in the theaters and someone recommended it to me as a must buy dvd, and i agree

you must buy this movie.

Its a superbit version so it will have no real extras (just a trailer)...

the picture and audio quality is amazing which goes great together with such an amazing film..

again, BUY THIS MOVIE.

-Charlie "Mega Boris" Kaufman

Tagline: Charlie Kaufman writes the way he lives... With Great Difficulty. His Twin Brother Donald Lives the way he writes... with foolish abandon. Susan writes about life... But can't live it. John's life is a book... Waiting to be adapted. One story... Four Lives... A million ways it can end.

Plot Outline: A lovelorn screenwriter turns to his less talented twin brother for help when his efforts to adapt a non-fiction book go nowhere. (more) (view trailer)

User Comments: A definite improvement over "Malkovich"... (more)

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0268126

i didnt understand that so heres another

It's two odd stories in one. The plot follows the attempt of screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (Nicolas Cage) to adapt Susan Orlean's nonfiction novel The Orchid Thief for the big screen. As Kaufman tries to work with the book's true story — the tale of John Laroche (Chris Cooper), a Florida plant dealer who works with Seminole Indians to create clones of rare orchids, which he sells to collectors for huge profits — he nearly goes mad. Enter his fictional twin (also Cage), a more successful version of Charlie. Charlie finally manages to finish the script, finding that in the process, he's incorporated himself and his writer's block into the story. Meryl Streep plays Orlean.

k i still dont understand but i will go watch cuz not one guy said it was bad. :cat:

http://movies.go.com/movies/A/adaptation_2001/index.html
not 1 negative review.

Last edited:
Back