Ring vs. Ringu

Kudoz

Banned
ringu = original version of the ring (the japanese one) which is scarier? i just watched the ring for the second time, i saw it in theatres the first time, which one is scarier though?

identity was more scary then the ring and that isnt saying much

edit: maybe not so much scary as it was suspenseful

What were the differences in the movie? I saw The Ring, but not Ringu. The Ring wasn't bad. I've never been susceptible to the effects of scary movies, so I can't say it was scary. As movies go, I enjoyed it. It had a nice creepy edge to it, and had just the right amount of suspense to keep me interested in it.

Sojourn said:
What were the differences in the movie? I saw The Ring, but not Ringu. The Ring wasn't bad. I've never been susceptible to the effects of scary movies, so I can't say it was scary. As movies go, I enjoyed it. It had a nice creepy edge to it, and had just the right amount of suspense to keep me interested in it.

That's how i felt. maybe we are twins.

ringo.jpg

ring = great on mush/weed
ringu = it's not scary but it fills the gaps story wise. In other words, it's more about the story, very descriptive. See ringu, then the american version, you'll understand everything. The story behind the ring is actually pretty cool and a lot better told in japonnese version so in summary

ringu = great story no scaryness
ring = everything else

i couldnt take The Ring seriously, the whole time i kept thinking to myself:

"THIS VIDEOTAPE............................... IS CURSED!!"

Back