School Shooting!!!!

SMURFHATER

stole your tv4
Veteran X
http://www.eveningtimes.com/articles/2003/06/05/news/news1.txt

WELLSBORO -- The Wellsboro Borough Police Department is continuing its investigation into the case of a 12-year-old boy, who brought guns to the Rock L. Butler Middle School, and, after being confronted by police, shot and killed himself.

Police stated that the boy brought three rifles, two shotguns and two handguns in a duffel bag from his home to the school.

The boy's home was located along county Route 287, six miles south of Wellsboro, police said.

The identity of the child was not released by authorities, and police stated that they are investigating whether the boy and others conspired to shoot other students and whether they decided not to at the last minute.

Police are also continuing to investigate what caused the boy to bring seven guns and ammunition for all the weapons to the school, and what the student's plans were when he arrived at the facility.

Police explained that a student reported to a teacher at 8 a.m. that another student had a gun in the fifth-grade boys restroom in the northeast corner of the first floor of the school.

The teacher then told the school's principal, Janice Biscoe, who immediately implemented the district's emergency response plan, which included calling 911 and issuing a lockdown order that sealed students in their classrooms, police said.

Authorities arrived at the school within a few minutes, and after making sure other students were secure, some approached the restroom, said police, adding that none of the officers talked or confronted the student.

As a probation officer got within a few feet of the child at 8:18 a.m. and with only a thin restroom barrier separating them, one shot rang out, police said.

Officers rushed into the bathroom and found the child lying on his back with a bullet wound behind the right ear and a .45-caliber handgun underneath his back, said police.

Emergency workers treated the boy at the scene and transported him to Soldiers and Sailers Emergency Hospital, police said, adding that the boy had died almost immediately.

Damn. What the heck makes kids do that stuff? We used to get pissed off at the world and go throw eggs at a teacher's house.

I dunno, I used to take knives to school all the time. I even cut a couple of dudes who were picking on me.

12 year olds should be worrying about gi joes and girls. they shouldnt be carrying rambo style bags fulls of weapons and killing themselves.

this is :(

It's just a childs built up anger, where it gets to the point he can't think of any other options but to take vengeance.

needsmorecowbellsmile.jpg

old_skul said:
I dunno, I used to take knives to school all the time. I even cut a couple of dudes who were picking on me.

Times are diffirent now. Well, I have never even been in a fight at school. And there are hardly any fights, maybe 10 a year.

Maybe Im lucky.

Redz15 said:
Times are diffirent now. Well, I have never even been in a fight at school. And there are hardly any fights, maybe 10 a year.

Maybe Im lucky.

That's because people take it to a place where they won't get in trouble with the cops/school officials.

If you put this story in perspective, this is actually not so bad, besides the fact that a kid killed hisself. What if he pulled out a 9mm and got his whole class to stand in a line and killed them one by one then commited suicide.

I got into fights almost every single day of seventh grade. 8th grade was better. Seems like basically from 4th grade to 8th grade, life was just hell.

Times haven't changed. There's just been a couple of fucked up things that have happened. Columbine, for one. And today's parents are people who grew up in a society where things seldom went wrong, so they're less tolerant to violence and unhappiness - hence we get metal detectors and cops for schools full of Prozac-enhanced children.

V|ntage said:
If you put this story in perspective, this is actually not so bad, besides the fact that a kid killed hisself. What if he pulled out a 9mm and got his whole class to stand in a line and killed them one by one then commited suicide.

Yah, thank god someone told on him before he got the balls to go through with it.

Even at the darkest points of my school history, I don't think I could ever pull a gun on someone, look them in the eyes and pull the trigger...

WTF are they doing in school?? It is summer................oops guess he was a dumbass and in summer school? Might explain some of this. Sad deal anyway you look at it.

Back