Download full movies in seconds.

I don't get it... You can still only transmit at a given speed, say, 1.54 mbits for a t1... By there explanation, it is alot slower because they have to resend and resend and resend, while their system fixes that, but I don't see how they can surpass the original 1.54 megabits.

Nevermind, I typed out a possible solution and explained it to myself, disreguard this post.

You can squeeze more performance out of TCP easily, but then you break the "play-nice" quality of it. This is nothing revolutionary.

Yes, they're very concerned about something that will be impossible for 20 years.

They'd be elated to have bandwidth like that. The holy grail of the recording/movie industry is pay per view/listen content. They'd much rather charge $5 every time that somebody watches a movie than $19 for unlimited viewings.

Kurayami said:
Yes, they're very concerned about something that will be impossible for 20 years.

They'd be elated to have bandwidth like that. The holy grail of the recording/movie industry is pay per view/listen content. They'd much rather charge $5 every time that somebody watches a movie than $19 for unlimited viewings.

I'm sorry I forgot the [sarcasm] :]

I forgive you.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I hope that the RIAA and MPAA choke to death on their collective dicks again.

I'd like to agree with your prior statement. However, when they're doing this I'd also like to have them watch some random guy download the newest rip of 'Finding Nemo'

If this were the case, then why isn't UDP lightspeeds faster than TCP? It waits for no acknowledgement.

"When the researchers tested 10 Fast TCP systems together it boosted the speed to more than 6,000 times the capacity of the ordinary broadband links."

I would like that converted into something that actually means dick.

sure it's nice to d/l fast and all, but doesn't it take a while to save to the HD? :shrug: wenever i download something big, it finishes, but then there's a picture (like when you move files between disks) and that takes a while depending on how big it is

That's probably because you're saving it to a drive other than the drive where temp files are stored. Hard drives write magnitudes faster than any broadband connection can download at this time.

Back