Bittorent Install

LameDeer

Veteran X
I know what bittorent is, and i have all the required programs, i just don't know how the hell to install it and get it running. Little Help?

What do you mean?

You double click. It installs.

You go find a bit torrent link to click. You click the link, bit torrent automatically starts up.

incidentally, i wonder how long it will be before this somehow gets shut down... gotta be damn hard, the way it works...

Psychosis said:
incidentally, i wonder how long it will be before this somehow gets shut down... gotta be damn hard, the way it works...
it is getting shut down. the BBC published an article about how on bittorrent it was possible to find a workprint of the matrix:reloaded that you could download that had surround sound and everything. basically blaming bittorrent for all the warez of the movie. about two days after that article came out three of the four biggest and best sites went down. and the one left up is really slow. all the trackers are down and no one knows how long it will take to get the websites back up again.

i dunno... files could be hosted in other countries outside us jurisdiction, web sites can be tossed up anywhere... i think its gonna be damn hard to get rid of, no central server...

I thought this was supposed to be super fast? Why is my download going at 8kB/s on dsl?

edit: would this be due to the bbc thing?

Animo$ity said:
I thought this was supposed to be super fast? Why is my download going at 8kB/s on dsl?

edit: would this be due to the bbc thing?
Its not getting shutdown because of the bbc article, at least not directly. Some couldn't handle the traffic load, others hid their stuff, and are upgrading their servers.

If you want to know why your download is slow go search for the other 10 or so threads on bittorrent where I and others have explained why they sometimes go slow.

Back