Why did every god damned cookie I have just expire?

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
I was making a post and then suddenly my log-in information wasn't remembered anymore.

So I said, oh, it must've expired. Then I go to another forum I visit and it had expired there. Then I go to Worth1000.com and it had expired there. Then I go to my weblog and it had expired there.

All the cookies are still there but they all just stopped working at once. For fuck's sake, is my computer trying to observe Memorial Day or something?

q3_ernieproud.jpg

More interesting mojo. My computer also forgot to change the color of links I clicked today even though it had been doing it all day without problems.

Sounds like:

1: Your cookies are set to last only x number of days
2: Something barfed and took your history and cookies with it. Probably cache as well.

It isn't a terribly uncommon occurance.

Weird thing is that my internet history is completely intact. I can look back a week and find no problems. For some reason the browser just barfed.

Oh well, I haven't restarted the computer in a few days so maybe it needs some rest.

Wait a minute. You measure the time between restarts in days? :huh:

True men use weeks or months.
The manliest among men use years.

Kurayami said:
Wait a minute. You measure the time between restarts in days? :huh:

True men use weeks or months.
The manliest among men use years.

True men use inches.
Kurayami uses millimeters.

Check to see if your system clock is still current. My little brother's clock set to 2044 or something and no cookies would work because the certificates did not exist that far ahead.

Back