Tribes 1 OpenGL Problem

MaDfLaMe

Veteran X
I just installed the latest drivers for my video card. The most recent OpenGL ones also. I didn't play T1 with OpenGL before, but the graphics look really shitty in software mode.

Before I installed these drivers, OpenGL worked, but everything was very jump (even the cursor).

Now that I have these drivers installed, when I try to switch to OpenGL mode in the video options, the game crashes. I've tried all three type of OpenGL modes and none of them will work. I've tried this in both 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions. No luck.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

-madflame

This is some kinda bug with T1's OpenGL implementation. I never really found a fix for it. I just fuck around and eventually it works. It hasn't happened to me in awhile though. Are you using Win2k? I had a lot of problems with that and my old TNT2 videocard.

MaDfLaMe said:
I just installed the latest drivers for my video card. The most recent OpenGL ones also. I didn't play T1 with OpenGL before, but the graphics look really shitty in software mode.

Before I installed these drivers, OpenGL worked, but everything was very jump (even the cursor).

Now that I have these drivers installed, when I try to switch to OpenGL mode in the video options, the game crashes. I've tried all three type of OpenGL modes and none of them will work. I've tried this in both 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions. No luck.

If anyone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

-madflame

Knowing what your video card is would not help this thread at all. :rolleyes:

has anyone bothered trying to fix the OpenGL map bugs (ex: MMD base, ID tunnel, CCd bunker, SH behind base valley)?

opengl doesn't support pinning, which is why you see the ground where a tunnel should be, and the SH thing is unfixable and pops up on more maps than just SH

no, opengl will never support what needs to be done to remove the terrain from base openings, no amount of editing will fix that

and when you try to raise/lower the SH terrain to fix the bowl problem, the problem moves up/down with it

from a distance i'd imagine so, but you can only see so far on most maps, and those are the only maps that have verticle openings in the sides of mountains

Is this why I see a forcefield in the entrance of the Raindance base lying flat from a distance? ;)

Yeah I remember when I switched from my Voodoo Banshee to my TNT2, I was like "I thought this was supposed to be a better videocard." Pretty much not considering Tribes was one of the only games I played.

I learned to just ignore the bowl problem on SH.

Still using my trusty old GeForce 2 GTS 32MB w/T1 OpenGL :)

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I posted this because I had to go run some errands so I left out my system specifications.

I have a pretty shitty video card, it's a SiS 650_651_740; and the operating system I am running is Windows XP Home Edition.

Ixiterra, what did you change to make yours work?

xpdnc said:
from a distance i'd imagine so, but you can only see so far on most maps, and those are the only maps that have verticle openings in the sides of mountains
oh it has to be in the sides of mountains

Back