I saw the Matrix at AMC30, fuck AMC30

slogg

Contributor
Veteran XX
so im sitting there watching do do do and neo is about to plug into the matrix to go visit the oracle when BAM

the lights turn on and the movie reverses back to those "enjoy coke" things that show before the previews.

we sat for about 10 minutes and then all of the sudden it turns back on and neo is fighting some asian guy for some reason.

I went to the front desk and complain after the movie and they WOULDNT give me a free ticket, they said "that isnt possible for the movie to do that" so I got the main managers # and im gunna call him friday. (along w/ about 5 other people, the rest of the people that complained were okay w/ free popcorn and drink, my arguement is that they dont even give free refills so they better give me a goddam ticket)

Although I did take a souviner for their mistake :D :D

(pics of souviner tomarrow)

hey cool kid. i was a lead projectionists at a theatre for 2 years and it is impossible to do that. reasons there was a 2 second jump was:

1. when the movie kicked off probably from a tug on a fail safe it doesnt stop instantly, it winds down probably going through enough frame for a couple seconds tops. and then starting it back up may have spent another 1 second.

and stealing shit from a theatre is retarded. they do everything they can to make your experience good. ono there was a tiny problem and you missed 2 seconds of your movie and try to demand free tickets, they dont give you free tickets so you steal something. thats just plain dumb. ono my pussy hurts so i will steal their property even though it has nothing to do with the situation. i hope you get sars and die asshole.

The time between Neo plugging in and him fighting that Asian guardian of the Oracle was only like 20 seconds, all you missed was Neo walking down the street and into the building.

Um, tost. I too was a projectionist. It sounds more like a brain wrap to me. Those take about 10min to fix if you are quick and it's not too bad and when you start the movie it's anywhere from 30 seconds to a min further on because of the way you have to spin the platter to get the film exposed for a splice.

sLoGg said:
so im sitting there watching do do do and neo is about to plug into the matrix to go visit the oracle when BAM

the lights turn on and the movie reverses back to those "enjoy coke" things that show before the previews.

we sat for about 10 minutes and then all of the sudden it turns back on and neo is fighting some asian guy for some reason.

I went to the front desk and complain after the movie and they WOULDNT give me a free ticket, they said "that isnt possible for the movie to do that" so I got the main managers # and im gunna call him friday. (along w/ about 5 other people, the rest of the people that complained were okay w/ free popcorn and drink, my arguement is that they dont even give free refills so they better give me a goddam ticket)

Although I did take a souviner for their mistake :D :D

(pics of souviner tomarrow)

thats what was supposed to happen in matrix2, its fucking brilliant i tell you, makes YOU feel like you are in the matrix

which AMC30? the South barrington or that other one i don't remember where....

i always go to South barrington... largest non-image screen in like, the midwest or something :0

Kowboy said:
Um, tost. I too was a projectionist. It sounds more like a brain wrap to me. Those take about 10min to fix if you are quick and it's not too bad and when you start the movie it's anywhere from 30 seconds to a min further on because of the way you have to spin the platter to get the film exposed for a splice.

yeah could be that too. depends on the projector for how long it would take to fix. we had a projector that was really shitty about actually kicking off the movie during a brain wrap so there was one time there was about 2 inches worth of film wrapped around the brain. that was extremely fun fixing.

At the theatre I saw it at, during the Legally Blonde 2 trailer the video went out for 10 seconds and the sound went out for 30 seconds. When we left the theatre, they gave everyone free passes.

<3 Famous Players

Toast.1 said:
hey cool kid. i was a lead projectionists at a theatre for 2 years and it is impossible to do that. reasons there was a 2 second jump was:

1. when the movie kicked off probably from a tug on a fail safe it doesnt stop instantly, it winds down probably going through enough frame for a couple seconds tops. and then starting it back up may have spent another 1 second.

and stealing shit from a theatre is retarded. they do everything they can to make your experience good. ono there was a tiny problem and you missed 2 seconds of your movie and try to demand free tickets, they dont give you free tickets so you steal something. thats just plain dumb. ono my pussy hurts so i will steal their property even though it has nothing to do with the situation. i hope you get sars and die asshole.
Sounds like you're a dumbshit, I worked at a movie theater too and at least i acknowledge that it was a fucking dump, i didn't spout shit like "We tried our best!" etc.

I went to see a film once, I can't remember what is was. But half way through we got the see the image on screen disintegrate. I think the film caught on fire, but a small hole appeared in the middle and then spread out over the next couple of seconds until the screen looked like white paper that someone had spilt coffee over. That took awhile to fix, but the film/cinema was only average so we didn't ask for compensation (plus the ticket cost $1.50 US).

edit: film was Bandits (Bruce Willis, Billy Bob Thornton and Cate Blanchette (?))

[OO]Machine said:
Sounds like you're a dumbshit, I worked at a movie theater too and at least i acknowledge that it was a fucking dump, i didn't spout shit like "We tried our best!" etc.

my best friend did, and they fucked up soo many customers shit, oversalted popcorn, etc...

i didn't find it funny, but half the employees don't give a shit

lol Toast reminds me of that fucker at the meetings who'd get real hyper and start yelling stuff like "Cmon guys, we're here for the customer! if they dont walk out happy, we're not doing our job!"

Face it your job is to be a fucking idiot wrangler and make sure you herd as many people in and out as fast as possible.

they have shitty theaters here in ms (obviously) but anyways i swear to god 70% of the time i go into the best theater they have in town there is always a problem... the lights don't turn off, the sound goes out, the people on the screen look like fat midgets they're so wide, the movie shuts off in the middle like was described before and i miss a couple minutes of a movie... it's always something, and when i go complain, it's always a "we don't give a shit" attitude. i've never gotten anything free out of them, maybe i should start demanding free shit.

when I saw the Rocketeer years ago

during the shed fire scene the movie burned through
aparently the film got stuck and the light burned it

but because it was during the fire scene it took abit to figure out it wasnt part of the movie

anyways it was a double bill that night back when you went to see a sneak preview and you got to see 2 movies so we got 2 free passes each

I know i missed more than 20 seconds, as I had enough time to get up, stretch goto the bathroom come back talk to my friends for a little bit then after the movie started back up the lights stayed on for another 30-40 seconds while the movie played and people were still yelling "REWIND IT!"

also the theartre next to us started at the same time and ended at the same time but theirs didnt fuck up

all in all they ruined my movie going experience yet offered minimal compensation for a 7$ ticket, i pay 7$ because I expect the theatre to give me a good presentation and I got shit in return, anywhere else in town is cheaper (only the other theatres were sold out so we had to go there)

they ruined my movie going experience they owe me a pass to see it again.

And I didnt take the souviner cause the movie, i took it because I could, i took a big cardboard poster after LORT:TTT and i liked that movie alot, just picked it up and walked out the front door w/ a 5 foot cardboard poster

Last edited:
Back