STG: T:V Mapping FAQ

If the game looks anything like this I can die a happy man

unreal2_terrain.jpg

tribesbig.jpg

tribes2b.jpg
shot5big.jpg

That terrain has a MUCH higher res than the shots above. I think that's a Tribes: Extreame ss or something, and some Tribes2alpha/beta shots.

The unreal terrain sucks shit.
Now, Irrational is changing the terrain that comes with Unreal to suit Tribes's needs. So comparing terrain at this point in time is worthless.

Unreal's terain is a textured height-field, just like every other large scale terrain out there. The texturing options available in Unreal (out of the box) are as good or better than anything on the market. If unreal's terrain sucks, it's only because the people designing it haven't done what you would consider a good job.

Give Picasso a 64 pack of crayons (make sure they're asbestos free, cause I'm betting he'd eat them) and he'll give you something cool. Give the same box to Marweas and he'll give you stick figures and then spend two hours trying to convince you of the angst that his figures portray. The point is that the tool (unreal/crayons) is just that, a tool. The beauty comes from somebody who knows how to use the tool (which is what women say also).

:lol:

How can you say that looks bad? I especially love how realistic the second mountain peaks through the fog at us in the distance.

Back