News: Vengeance IRC Chat

Colosus

my pronouns are..
Veteran XX
Are you tired of forum sessions with the dev team? Tired of waiting hours, even days for an answer to your question? Well, then your time has come.

TribalWar.com is proud to host the first IRC Interview with the Tribes: Vengeance dev team. On May 11th, your day for answers has come. Join us in the #tribalwar channel on irc.dynamix.com to have a chat with the dev team and get your questions answered. Attending this event will be Ed "Tesla" Orman (Lead Designer), Mike "KineticPoet" Johnston (Multiplayer Designer), Tony "Tonyo" Oakden (Producer, Irrational Games) and Chris "Thrax" Mahnken (Producer, VU Games). See below for exact times and location information...

Date: May 11th, 2003 @ 9pm EST
Channel: #tribalwar
Server: irc.dynamix.com:6667
Attendees: Tesla, KineticPoet, Tonyo, Thrax

Keep your eye out for more information before the chat. I hope to see you all there.

1st
edit: you should probably do it on a different IRC channel, so you don't have to +m #TW.
if if it's in #Vengeance or something then that can be +m with only the peopel taking questions having voice, and TW can stay unmoderated so people can talk about the interview taking place. also you would have to remove a bunch of people's +v is TW goes +m during an interview.

and trust me you WILL have to +m the channel the interview is in ;)

Last edited:
TeckMan said:
1st
edit: you should probably do it on a different IRC channel, so you don't have to +m #TW.
if if it's in #Vengeance or something then that can be +m with only the peopel taking questions having voice, and TW can stay unmoderated so people can talk about the interview taking place. also you would have to remove a bunch of people's +v is TW goes +m during an interview.

:rolleyes:

Teckman is right. You'll have to heavily moderate the channel, and kick those who spam or make dumb comments. Someone will come in there, mouth off, and not realize they're talking to the devs. Some people will even ask a legit question, but do it over and over in a sarcastic way, thus deserving a kick.

NoGodForMe said:
Teckman is right. You'll have to heavily moderate the channel, and kick those who spam or make dumb comments. Someone will come in there, mouth off, and not realize they're talking to the devs. Some people will even ask a legit question, but do it over and over in a sarcastic way, thus deserving a kick.
:rolleyes: Ok what channel would you guys like to have it in?

Any channel with this interview is going to be filled to the max.

TeckMan said:
1st

Sorry, I want it in #tribalwar for a few specific reasons and yes, you are right about +m and removing +v's. I'm prepared for that. I'll fill everyone in on how it will work closer to the date.

BigPappa said:
Any channel with this interview is going to be filled to the max.

Right, and that's the problem. People will make joke comments trying to be comedians. The tone of the conversation needs to be set a serious. No 1 liner jokes, they're not funny.

Plus editing the transcript for web sites will be a pain if no rules are set. Not that I'm going to edit it, but man, can you imagine someone trying to filter the text?

alrighty, count me in ;)

[18:01] <Carney> !random
[18:01] <Colosus> You're lucky you're an op Colosus

& for kicks cuz i've never seen one this bad

[09:53] <KGB|school> !random
[09:53] <Colosus> You're lucky you're an op Yankee
[09:53] <Doaln> nono, i LIKE it doing that
[09:53] <Daemon|work> you're not really here =P
[09:53] * Darlantan has joined #tribalwar
[09:53] <Doaln> ooo the Yankee is lucky
[09:53] <Daemon|work> !random
[09:53] <Colosus> You're lucky you're an op Bytor
[09:54] <Daemon|work> argh
[09:54] <Daemon|work> !random
[09:54] <Doaln> whoa, two in a ROW
[09:54] <Colosus> You're lucky you're an op [Inq]Yogi
[09:54] <Daemon|work> WTF
[09:54] <Doaln> wtf?

Last edited:
NoGodForMe said:
Right, and that's the problem. People will make joke comments trying to be comedians. The tone of the conversation needs to be set a serious. No 1 liner jokes, they're not funny.

Plus editing the transcript for web sites will be a pain if no rules are set. Not that I'm going to edit it, but man, can you imagine someone trying to filter the text?

This isn't the first IRC interview that has happened, I am sure it will be moderated like all the rest.

Back