winxp question

Kudoz

Banned
When i DL music to a folder, in win98 i used to be able to right click and choose "sort by date" so i could see the most recently added files at the beginning of the list....i can't do that in WinXP can i? is there a way to find the file easiest, w/o sorting through all of mine

Kudoz said:
When i DL music to a folder, in win98 i used to be able to right click and choose "sort by date" so i could see the most recently added files at the beginning of the list....i can't do that in WinXP can i? is there a way to find the file easiest, w/o sorting through all of mine

i hate that too :/. search also seems gimped in Windows XP... you can tell it to search a file full of text for something, but unless it's like .txt or an acceptable format, it won't even read it (like if it's .cap or something, it doesn't actually search through the file). it used to do that in Windows 98 :(.

Doaln said:
i hate that too :/. search also seems gimped in Windows XP... you can tell it to search a file full of text for something, but unless it's like .txt or an acceptable format, it won't even read it (like if it's .cap or something, it doesn't actually search through the file). it used to do that in Windows 98 :(.
Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>find /?
Searches for a text string in a file or files.

FIND [/V] [/C] [/N] [/I] "string" [[drive:][path]filename[ ...]]

/V Displays all lines NOT containing the specified string.
/C Displays only the count of lines containing the string.
/N Displays line numbers with the displayed lines.
/I Ignores the case of characters when searching for the string.
"string" Specifies the text string to find.
[drive:][path]filename
Specifies a file or files to search.

If a path is not specified, FIND searches the text typed at the prompt
or piped from another command.

C:\>

Zwitterion said:
We should all just go ahead and switch to Linux now before it's too late.
:lol::lol::lol:

I wish Linux people would realize that it has about as much of a chance at being a good desktop OS for the masses as OpenBeOS has at succeeding.

It just isn't going to happen, especially not with X.

Doaln said:

How you can fix the brain dead Windows XP Search function:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309173

Back