Water, lava, slime...

Sir Lucius

Veteran XX
How about some nice thick murky bogs? Stuff that will really slow you down if you sink into it, but you'll skip over it a bit if you're speeding along.

Actually I was just thinking about pixel shaders, and how they're used so much for water. Well I don't see why you can't carry over the idea to mediums a little more viscous. Just think, tribes3 could be the first to have ultra realistic lava and bogs :)

Eh, they probably have the engine coded already.

bogs would be cool.. would be good for killing ski momentum etc.

Just as long as they didn't over use it and kill all the maps.

Yes! You could have some water pools around your base and you could give players a deployable dust grenade. The dust grenade would quickly turn the water to mud and slow down anyone who traveled through it, as well as defiling their beautiful armor!

BUT! We would give other players an alternative to the dust grenade, a water purifying grenade. THAT grenade would, in the case of muddy water, purify it instantly so the player could move through more freely!

YES! YES! NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE!

how about sludge air

where the planet is so polluted u cant move and cant ski, u just stand there dying of toxic sludge anti-brain air
realism is awesome:)

how about lava that has gas bubbling through it and occasionally pops, causing splash damage. I can see that annoying the fuck out of people. it'd be worse than lightning since you could probably see it coming.

yeah, plus, jsut can load his cheats to control the bubbling sequence at his disposal, pop bubbles when incoming cappers come and setup a reet defense.

I'm down with most of these ideas. Just DON'T BASE MAP PLAY AROUND ENVIRONMENTAL EYE CANDY. I still cringe when I think about playing 80 overtimes on Quagmire, the map where you can "use the water to your advantage!". Yeah, you can get close to the enemy base but you have to walk through 80 miles of water at .15mph to get there.

The idea for the quaqmire map is not a bad one if done right. I would have don't a few things differnt (ignoring engine limitations).

First, flag outside. Bad flagstand. Second, fog is good, but I would have made it locational. Such then it'd only show up around water. Bases would be reletivly clear of it.

Then change the terrain around a bit, get rid of some of the water, make some trees or something so it looks like a bog, arrange the bases with rationality in mind (such as, why did they set up a base here and here), and I think you'd have something good.

if we have GRAPPPLING HOOKZ trees with fog would be awesome. you'd have to memorize the tree locations and such to be able to ski through the water well.

as much as i would love a game with tons of detail. i would also like to beable to run it on my computer. so dont get too carried away

I've already accepted that I'll need to update my computer.

I have an 800mHz 512mb ram, and a geForce3. That's pretty much the Lowest-Recomended on requirements these days. And in weasel terms, recomended comes out to about 15 fps.

Back