So I played PlanetSide for 5 hours today

RiSe226

Veteran X
And I verify that it is, indeed, very fun to play and I will pay for it when it comes out. I've had no problems with lag at all, either. Barely any connection problems too. NC rocks. That is all.

most definately.

played it on a friend's who got into the exclusive. although the frequent server crashes sucked, i know they've fixed them by now.

can't wait until i get my CD(s)

Planetside is a fad: like jedi knight 2 or BF 1942. Everyone TW talks about it for a couple of weeks and then everyone gets bored it. Once people realize that most of the weapons are made useless by the cone of fire and that it's not enjoyable unless you have friends to play with ALL the time, they will quit.

Durak said:
Planetside is a fad: like jedi knight 2 or BF 1942. Everyone TW talks about it for a couple of weeks and then everyone gets bored it. Once people realize that most of the weapons are made useless by the cone of fire and that it's not enjoyable unless you have friends to play with ALL the time, they will quit.

there is this incredible thing called crouching, it makes the cone of fire nonexistant. just because PS has a cursor that shows it doesn't mean that other games that don't done implement it.

I got the opposite impressions from Planetside. It relatively seems boring cause once you capture a base, you just move on to the next one with no rewards. Gun combat is slow and relativly boring. Also had to crash the game twice cause it got stuck on login and logout. At least it alt f4's well.

RiSe226 said:
there is this incredible thing called crouching, it makes the cone of fire nonexistant. just because PS has a cursor that shows it doesn't mean that other games that don't done implement it.

oh yes crouching

2 people dueling crouched

man, how exciting :rolleyes:

Back