Ok, need varied opinions.

KGB_ate_myBread

Veteran XX
Ok.

My computer is nice, but always bsods when playing games.

Possible problems :
Crappy Ram
Via sucks and hates my video card (I have latest 4in1 hyperion drivers)

Solutions:
Try returning my non name brand ram and get some decent ram for a small price

Try returning my barebone system, pay about 60$ difference and upgrade to a 2.4ghz P4 on an Asus mobo with kingston 2700 ram.

Things I can't do: Return my video card. Not gonna happen I need the one I bought for very specific reasons.

Now, if I upgrade to the P4 system , I'd be on some nice Kingston non ecc 2700 ram..

also, at the moment, I don't know if I can just RMA my ram only, and not the whole barebone system. Ram would be cheaper to ship back then my whole case. so far costwise, w/o shipping is about 50$. factor in shipping, probably closer to 70-80$ Ram difference would be much less.. $30 max.

Oh yea, Current computer is an AMD 2400+, 2ghz thoroughbred core, Aopen AK77-8XN which is VIA.. blah. Ram is generic? non-ecc 2100

the upgrade is a tempting one and one I won't mind shelling $ out for. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? RMA is gonna be a bitch either way.

I need help on this bad
heh

Sir Lucius said:
I will draw a robot pirate if you explain it to me.

I dunno why it was funny, I didn't expect anyone else to find it funny, I just skimmed his post and saw the word 'heh' at the end.

So in closing, I posted heh because I thought it was funny, and didn't figure anyone else would even notice, so you will have to ask moker why he found it funny.

Now give me my fucking pirate.

I know you did! But I'd love the upgrade. I mean, what are the disadvantages of going to a p4 2.4ghz over an AMD 2.0 ghz? If I can updgrade, and upgrading will solve my problems, then I'm for it!

KGB_ate_myBread said:
I know you did! But I'd love the upgrade. I mean, what are the disadvantages of going to a p4 2.4ghz over an AMD 2.0 ghz? If I can updgrade, and upgrading will solve my problems, then I'm for it!
intels are a little more forgiving, but you're still gonna have crappy ram

why am I referred to as ate_my_bread? wtf..

lol
So Kingston non-ecc 2700 ram is crappy?

damn you guys

what do you reccomend is good ram then?

pirobot.gif

Back