ipod?

ph³³r

Veteran X
my rio volt 250 decided to die... i already sent it back and got a new one, and this new one decided to die in the exact same way (sound cut out cause the headphone jack broke inside)...

so now i need do get a new music device...

im thinking a 10 gig ipod...

any other recommendations?

get a minidisc player.

they are mad cheaper and hold 5 hours of music. plus you can create playlists and such just like the iPod. plus the MD's play .wav, .mp3 and a few other formats.

i really like the idea of the iPod, it is just too damned expensive.

Vyrotek said:
nope, if you can afford an iPOD... do it!

i got the cash... but $400 is really steep... but if theyre worth it (reliable and everything) ill get one...

ive only heard good things about them

Mytzylplyx said:
get a minidisc player.

they are mad cheaper and hold 5 hours of music. plus you can create playlists and such just like the iPod. plus the MD's play .wav, .mp3 and a few other formats.

i really like the idea of the iPod, it is just too damned expensive.

yea, i was thinking that... but theyre not exactly like mp3 players... its like a tape, not individual files :(

There's the Creative Zen. It's a lot cheaper then the iPod, and I've heard many say that it sounds better. It is a little bit larger, but not by much.

SniperOmega said:
dont get minidisc or ipod.

get a CD player that can read MP3's...

He already had one. Don't get one, if you have a fair amount of mp3's it's a hassle to carry one around with all your cd's. I would much rather have an iPod, Zen or even a minidisk player then my RioVolt 250.

...or MP3 player

:huh:

That's what an ipod is.

ph³³r said:
yea, i was thinking that... but theyre not exactly like mp3 players... its like a tape, not individual files :(

not really dude. they are individual files. just like on a CD. only smaller physically. it is a digital optical disc though, the same thing as a CD. you can scan them, cut them, copy them, erase, etc etc etc just like the iPod. it reads mp3's just like the iPod. it is $350 CHEAPER than the iPod.

Mytzylplyx said:
not really dude. they are individual files. just like on a CD. only smaller physically. it is a digital optical disc though, the same thing as a CD. you can scan them, cut them, copy them, erase, etc etc etc just like the iPod. it reads mp3's just like the iPod. it is $350 CHEAPER than the iPod.

werd, i didnt know that... whats the best one out there (most reliable, fastest, best sound quality, etc)?

how long does it take to copy a full disk's worth of mp3s, and how many can a disc hold?

i just got the 10gig iPod.. its great.. if you cant decide, just wait. i heard apple will be coming out with 30,40 and 50 gig iPods.. they will announce it in a month.. so by then the price of the lower gigs will go down most likely.

wasabi said:
i just got the 10gig iPod.. its great.. if you cant decide, just wait. i heard apple will be coming out with 30,40 and 50 gig iPods.. they will announce it in a month.. so by then the price of the lower gigs will go down most likely.

meh... i might just get a 5 gig

wasabi said:

we are dealing with apple. the price wont go down, the units will be pulled from the shelf. :lol:

as for the minidiscs, goto minidisco or minidisc.org.

lots of infos there on units, prices hacks etc. (you can hack minidiscs).

do some research before spending that kind of money on an iPod or anything else.

SniperOmega said:
get a diff rio ? ive heard good things, might'a been a bad batch the the place u bought it from had.

got it from amazon... and i had it replaced once before by sonicblue (manufacturer)...

i am about to mail it back again and get another new one

Back