[T3] the sky

Stig

Veteran XX
This may sound trivial, but to me, the color of the sky sets a mood to me when I play.

T2 seemed to come with a lot of moody looking horizons. Personally, I hate that. Call it S.A.D (that thing about sunny skys) but I'm gaming to have fun, I'm not interested in gazing up at the sky and looking at the pretty clouds and sunsets etc. It really does put me in a melancholy, depressed kind of mood when everything looks sad and pretty (I sound so fucking gay right now)

Give me blue skys and clear, star filled nights. Don't waste code on lots of clouds and stuff that distracts me from gameplay. Half of the T2 maps make me feel like loading up radiohead and getting drunk. Keep things light, that's all I ask.

I like the line about not wasting code on lots of clouds. Only use some of the code on only a few clouds instead. Clouds are sad :[

what was the name of that map in T1 that came out with the balanced maps where the sky was all orange and black? (awesome map, depressing colors)

it came out alongside Cloak Of Night and some others

And all the people with crappy computers (me) will leave the sky to look like an ugly blue box around the map. :(

this is regular RD sky (just digging up old screenshots to save hassle)

HO_pic.jpg

and this was the new one (sorry about pic size)

randtribes_12_29_02.jpg

i think it's obvious which sets the mood better

Back