Mac's Suck.. i need help

Beren

TribalWar Aussie
Veteran XX
How do i make a script or some kinda shortcut to connect to a sever?

Or put it into start up so it does it automatically.. instead of having to press that anal key and k and then choosing the server.. and then putting in user name and pass, every bloody time.. 5+ times a day!

driving me insane.

(i know mac's suck, but i have no choice, have to develop my major software engineering project on the white funny looking beasts...)

expand... i haven't used apple script before

* Beren fires up mac help looking for apple script.

Beren said:
How do i make a script or some kinda shortcut to connect to a sever?

Or put it into start up so it does it automatically.. instead of having to press that anal key and k and then choosing the server.. and then putting in user name and pass, every bloody time.. 5+ times a day!

driving me insane.

(i know mac's suck, but i have no choice, have to develop my major software engineering project on the white funny looking beasts...)
Probably Applescript if you're using the pre-X-joke-of-an-OS-peice-of shit.

With X I'd assume that you'd have more options.

when i had my powermac 75 mhz, i used to write proggies for AOL (booyah) that do shit like phish, spam, bust chatrooms, keep you online. and other bullshit like that. Used a program called OneClick. pretty useful uses a basic c-like language that is not hard to pick up on and you can write little macros and shit to do lots of tasks for your comp

X here.. 10.4

i have managed to get it to connect to server on login through the options, but i still have to put in the bloody login and password.

ack!

ok so it didn't work.. apparently the path to the server is to long for a filename to be used in the login.. script it will have to be.. might have to google for someone elses script maybe.

lecture time.. will be back later.. to again login to that ruddy server.

Back