My moniter exploded....(need hardware gurus)

Raven

Veteran XV
Jesus christ I have terrible luck...my moniter is acting fucking wierd. It wont work if I go regular mode, it has a green light till the xp thing then it goes black and the light goes yellow. If I boot to safe mode it works but the image is all fucked up...the display adapter is like, GONE, and I have no idea how to fix this shit...when I goto add new hardware, moniter doesnt even show up....and my device manager says everything works fine video card wise..help me ;[

i just re-read your post

if i read it right, you're an idiot.

boot into safe mode check display settings, then boot normally... should reset display to default.

Monitor

You need a spelling guru too. :p

Update your video drivers, the ones you have probably don't work with your card. When you boot up safe mode it uses default ones. Get new ones. :)

damn... I wish it had actually exploded and there had been pics :mecry:

I'm gonna bring a digital camera when I take my old 19" out to the mountains along with my dad's .45 1911, .357 Mag, 30-30, and my brother's 12-gauge :devil: :devil: :devil:

Ive gone into safe and back..Ive upgraded every video related driver I can think of. I think my monitor has been owned.

OMG
I hate when stuff works and I dont know why.
I left my moniter on because I wanted to see if it was turning on and off...and it just decided to recalibrate itself...and work...Im afraid to try to play any games...

Back