Operation "Iraqi Freedom" (warning graphic pic)

Dresden

Veteran XX
usa.jpg

From www.freepie.org

DipStick said:
So, would you rather it be Americans in that hole, with Iraqis standing over them? Or is this a "legitimacy" statement?

i think the point is the white flag on a stick

Is there an article to go along w/ this pic, or are we supposed to draw our own assumptions? I went to that freepie link but didn't find anything. :/

I think this was the picture used in newspapers all over the globe in countries where there is strong anti-war sentiments to further fuel that sentiments, since the two dead Iraqis seem to have died even though they tried to surrender.

Well, let's not foreget that many Iraqi soilders have been faking surrender only to ambush US troops. So because of that, it's hard to tell what really happened.

yes those are brits, and the picture was in the paper on monday here (almost thursday now), and it would have been ready to print late sunday.. its about 4 days old.

Al'Muktar said:
I'm pretty sure those are royal marines btw ;)
That wasnt the point.

I failed to notice the white flag :/ Although, it is beyond comprehension that any British or American soldier would kill an Iraqi that truly wanted to capitulate. Im sure those assholes in that hole tried to kill someone after waving their white flag.

DipStick said:
That wasnt the point.

I failed to notice the white flag :/ Although, it is beyond comprehension that any British or American soldier would kill an Iraqi that truly wanted to capitulate. Im sure those assholes in that hole tried to kill someone after waving their white flag.

yeah, I dunno 0_o
if it was artillery, I could sorta understand it, but hrrrm ;\

war.140.gif

logmans said:
i think the point is the white flag on a stick
Yes but dont forget a couple days ago there were reports of a group of iraqis surrendering but when troops got close they opened fire anyway.

I dunno - from the position of the bodies it looks like they were hunkered down waiting to surrender after the shooting stopped - note the flag propped against the trench wall.

My interpretation is that ordinance went off nearby and decapitated them both before they got a chance to start waving the flag.

Geck0 said:
I dunno - from the position of the bodies it looks like they were hunkered down waiting to surrender

See, funny thing is, when you get your head blown off, you just sort of fall down. You don't do the fly-back-against-the-wall thing like in the movies...

:heart:

Back