Iraqi TV - Gone

BlueCream

Veteran X
The Iraqi TV Newstation building was bombed today by warplanes, destroying the building and anything inside.

Source: Foxnews

Weee... less Iraqi propaganda

CBS) The U.S. Air Force has hit Iraqi TV with an experimental electronmagetic pulse device called the "E-Bomb" in an attempt to knock it off the air and shut down Saddam Hussein's propaganda machine, CBS News Correspondent David Martin reports.

The highly classified bomb creates a brief pulse of microwaves powerful enough to fry computers, blind radar, silence radios, trigger crippling power outages and disable the electronic ignitions in vehicles and aircraft.

Iraqi satellite TV, which broadcasts 24 hours a day outside Iraq, went off the air around 4:30 a.m. local time (8:30 p.m. ET Tuesday). Iraq's domestic television service was not broadcasting at the time.

Officially, the Pentagon does not acknowledge the weapon's existence. Asked about it at a March 5 news conference at the Pentagon, Gen. Tommy Franks said: “I can't talk to you about that because I don't know anything about it.”

The use of the secret weapon came on a day that saw intense action on the battlefield. The Pentagon said the U.S. Seventh Cavalry killed between 150 and 500 Iraqis after being attacked by rocket-propelled grenades near An Najaf in central Iraq. There are no reported American casualties.

neat.

These targets are not something picked at random from some pool. These things have been picked out for months, gone over again and again until it's decided that it's time to hit the target or pass it over. Saddam puts these targets in day-care schools and hospitals, Saddam has hidden his assets among the people he cares nothing for. Do we have to hit these targets? Yes, according to their strategic importance, and if that bothers you, don't fucking place that shit on our guys, put it where it fucking belongs, on Saddam and his piece of shit empire.

Is there any way to shield against the EMP?

I can see how this could easily make certain stuff... go bad.....

You wouldn't need explosives (assuming it doesn't use the normal ones) to take down an airplane, just an ebomb. Much easier to sneak past security?

Doaln said:
Is there any way to shield against the EMP?

I can see how this could easily make certain stuff... go bad.....

You wouldn't need explosives (assuming it doesn't use the normal ones) to take down an airplane, just an ebomb. Much easier to sneak past security?

Do you know how to build or where to get an ebomb? Do you know how to arm one or set one off?

Yes, you can shield against EMP. Very useful, since nukes give off EMP pulses and you don't really want all your stuff dead if you happen to be in the air when a nuke goes off.

friend of mine makes power supply units for a defense contractor that are designed to turn themselves off when they detect emp/nuclear attack

Back