So my DVD Player doesn't work.

Theatrikal

Veteran X
I put a DVD in, several DVDs by now (not at once) and the darn thing just won't read any of them. Tells me the usual "D:\ is not accessable", "The device is not ready." etc etc.

I'm not sure what could have happened to stop it from working. I used to watch DVDs on it just fine. Would different nVidia drivers have anything to do with it? Other than that, I can't imagine why it would just stop reading DVDs.

i found it funny that you felt the need to specify that u dint put all the DVDs in at once :lol:

then i thought of the audience :p

Most likely a dirty/damaged lens. If the drive is being detected properly in Windows, it shouldn't be a cabling problem. Does it fail to read CDs as well?

Kurayami said:
Maybe posting more pictures and videos of yourself would fix it?

I considered that, but I'll leave that as a last resort.

Yes, DVD-Rom. The CPU recognizes normal CDs just fine, but it won't give me anything on DVDs. I've rebooted several times, and reinstalled the program I used (WinDVD, came with the rig). I found something recently that tells me to get into the regedit and get rid of all the lists under my DVD-Rom. Editing a reg scares me though. Any other ideas?

Back