t-200888 Iraq under Saddam... [Flat] - TribalWar Forums

Iraq under Saddam...

Nelps45
03-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Just think about this, whether you are pro or anti-war...
http://www.official-documents.co.uk/document/reps/iraq/part03.htm

Highlights of how people were treated under Hussein:
"...I saw a friend of mine, al-Shaikh Nasser Taresh al-Sa'idi, naked. He was handcuffed and a piece of wood was placed between his elbows and his knees. Two ends of the wood were placed on two high chairs and al-Shaikh Nasser was being suspended like a chicken. This method of torture is known as al-Khaygania (a reference to a former security director known as al-Khaygani). An electric wire was attached to al-Shaikh Nasser's penis and another one attached to one of his toes. He was asked if he could identify me and he said "this is al-Shaikh Yahya". They took me to another room and then after about 10 minutes they stripped me of my clothes and a security officer said "the person you saw has confessed against you". He said to me "You followers of [Ayatollah] al-Sadr have carried out acts harmful to the security of the country and have been distributing anti-government statements coming from abroad". He asked if I have any contact with an Iraqi religious scholar based in Iran who has been signing these statements. I said "I do not have any contacts with him"... I was then left suspended in the same manner as al-Shaikh al-Sa'idi. My face was looking upward. They attached an electric wire on my penis and the other end of the wire is attached to an electric motor. One security man was hitting my feet with a cable. Electric shocks were applied every few minutes and were increased. I must have been suspended for more than an hour. I lost consciousness. They took me to another room and made me walk even though my feet were swollen from beating... They repeated this method a few times."

Abdallah, a member of the Ba'ath Party whose loyalty became suspect was imprisoned for four years at Abu Ghraib in the 1980s. On the second day of his imprisonment, the men were forced to walk between two rows of five guards each to receive their containers of food. While walking to get the food, they were beaten by the guards with plastic telephone cables. They had to return to their cells the same way, so that a walk to get breakfast resulted in twenty lashes. According to Abdallah, "It wasn't that bad going to get the food, but coming back the food was spilled when we were beaten." The same procedure was used when the men went to the bathroom. On the third day, the torture continued. "We were removed from our cells and beaten with plastic pipes. This surprised us, because we were asked no question. Possibly it was being done to break our morale", Abdallah speculated. The torture escalated to sixteen sessions daily. The treatment was organised and systematic. Abdallah was held alone in a 3x2-meter room that opened onto a corridor. "We were allowed to go to the toilet three times a day, then they reduced the toilet to once a day for only one minute. I went for four years without a shower or a wash", Abdallah said. He also learned to cope with the deprivation and the hunger that accompanied his detention: "I taught myself to drink a minimum amount of water because there was no placed to urinate. They used wooden sticks to beat us and sometimes the sticks would break. I found a piece of a stick, covered with blood, and managed to bring it back to my room. I ate it for three days. A person who is hungry can eat anything. Pieces of our bodies started falling off from the beatings and our skin was so dry that it began to fall off. I ate pieces of my own body. "No one, not Pushkin, not Mahfouz, can describe what happened to us. It is impossible to describe what living this day to day was like. I was totally naked the entire time. Half of the original groups [of about thirty men] died. It was a slow type of continuous physical and psychological torture. Sometimes, it seemed that orders came to kill one of us, and he would be beaten to death".

For all information concerning the war:
http://www.lib.ecu.edu/govdoc/iraq.html

stone
03-22-2003, 11:10 PM
America is just as bad! Duh!

-JeSuS-
03-22-2003, 11:13 PM
America is just as bad! Duh!
worse

izod
03-22-2003, 11:14 PM
:sick:

Mr Jimmy Pop
03-22-2003, 11:15 PM
http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=20030321-023627-5923r

A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head"

this is the most sadistic government in world history

Agent_13
03-22-2003, 11:16 PM
http://idisk.mac.com/kfiralfia/Public/protest_warrior/images/posters/sign_19.jpg

Mr_Rabies
03-22-2003, 11:16 PM
The Iraqi Ba'ath Party

eww. horrid mental image :cry: :ugh:

Agent_13
03-22-2003, 11:17 PM
this is the most sadistic government in world history
Certainly the regime of Saddam Hussein is horrible, but Nazi Germany and Stalin USSR were far worse. Even Saddam didn't kill 12 million like the former or more than 25 million of his own people like the latter.

TeckMan
03-22-2003, 11:27 PM
America doesn't do it on the same scale, or as publically. But we do torture those who would threaten us. Just as Saddam tortures people that threaten his power. Under the patriot act, people suspected of attempting to undermine the U.S. government are shipped off to Guantanamo Bay for questioning. They're tortued with "mild" methods there. However, if they still fail to comply they're sent to third world countries who will torture them to the fullest exent, in return for favorable treatment from America.

stone
03-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Jail is torture!!

Agent_13
03-22-2003, 11:29 PM
America doesn't do it on the same scale, or as publically. But we do torture those who would threaten us. Just as Saddam tortures people that threaten his power. Under the patriot act, people suspected of attempting to undermine the U.S. government are shipped off to Guantanamo Bay for questioning. They're tortued with "mild" methods there. However, if they still fail to comply they're sent to third world countries who will torture them to the fullest exent, in return for favorable treatment from America.
Thanks for providing facts to back up your bull****.

Yogi Bear
03-22-2003, 11:30 PM
Certainly the regime of Saddam Hussein is horrible, but Nazi Germany and Stalin USSR were far worse. Even Saddam didn't kill 12 million like the former or more than 25 million of his own people like the latter.

Just because he never had the ability. He's just as bad as Hitler or Stalin, he just doesn't have as much power.

Mr Jimmy Pop
03-22-2003, 11:31 PM

they killed more, but in the name of pure sadistic value, i think Hussein is worse. granted, it is close call. but between the chemicals and **** squads, i think it brought torture up a notch.

stone
03-22-2003, 11:31 PM
Just because he never had the ability. He's just as bad as Hitler or Stalin, he just doesn't have as much power.

Exactly. And seeing as how weapons of mass destruction are a force multiplier, the last thing the world needs is a Saddam Hussein with the unfettered ability to develop and deploy said weapons.

Mr Jimmy Pop
03-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Just as Saddam tortures people that threaten his power.

uhh, you can no way make that a fair comparison, nothing we do is even remotely like what he has done. He has had young children beaten and raped because they made a negative comment on a schoolpaper about him.

triple
03-22-2003, 11:37 PM

Actually, we don't.

When someone is in our custody, they are not tortured. Sleep deprived (4 hours/day), isolated, sure. Tortured, no.

Would I give a **** if a terrorist was tortured? No. But the fact remains we don't do that.