I know this isn't tech support but..

KGB_ate_myBread

Veteran XX
What would cause a computer to randomly crash? Crash when clicking a link, opening an audio CD, emptying a recycle bin, installing a game, burning a cd, idling and doing nothing, and so on? It all seems very random and I can't find the problem for the life of me. I've checked IRQs and don't think they're conflicts, I've updated XP, I've updated drivers on all my products... I just can't figure out wtf is wrong.
I think I'm going to buy a legal copy of XP just to get some real tech support.

oh well, bad thread
I can sense the hatred coming

Savage v2.0 said:
format C:
already done that

Possibly a trojan.. but I've got norton's up to date

It's probably a BSOD but just restarts instead of showing the actual BSOD it self. I've done every XP update but the service pack

I'd say overheating, but it seems to be the start of processes, IE when clicking on something , or starting a program and so on. Yea, a legal XP copy would help. I think this one is a beta meant to think its not a beta..

also, the fan on my heat sink blows right out the side of my case on a funnle thing

If I knew, I'd tell you. It just restarts my computer, and sometimes says that windows has recovered from a serious error, other times, it just restarts and tells me jack

KGB_ate_myBread said:
I'd say overheating, but it seems to be the start of processes, IE when clicking on something , or starting a program and so on. Yea, a legal XP copy would help. I think this one is a beta meant to think its not a beta..

also, the fan on my heat sink blows right out the side of my case on a funnle thing

Lemme guess, your not reformatting just reinstalling xp?

(only use windows drivers when you reinstall, then slowly install your 3rd party drivers)

Start pulling out hardware beginning with your sound card then your RAM. Test it one peice at a time.

Check your ram timing...are you overclocking?

no, I killed my partition and formatted and created a new partition. I kept installed XP drivers, but I did a clean install of my ATI ones.

right click My Computer -> Properties
click Advanced tab -> Start Up and Recovery Settings button
uncheck Automatically Restart

note the BSOD next time it does it, it won't restart on it's own

this is for XP btw

Pea_Soup said:
right click My Computer -> Properties
click Advanced tab -> Start Up and Recovery Settings button
uncheck Automatically Restart

note the BSOD next time it does it, it won't restart on it's own

this is for XP btw

ok, did that. I'll post something next time I crash =/

KGB_ate_myBread said:
If I could find alot of linux support, I'd probably give it a shot
dont have access to the internet?

not that im saying you should switch im more poking fun at windows. but still, all the info you need is out there.

Back