help w/virus :(

Sabin Figaro

Veteran XV
God, norton said it found a virus in my twirc folder.

Said it was a IRC trojan.

c:\twirc\nHTMLn.dll

my comp has been messing up and shutting off randomly...

im not very computer literate, i tried to delete the file manually cuz norton couldnt fix it. wouldnt let me so i deleted the folder. any suggestions/help would be appreciated

i've been getting that same thing, i just quarantine it and the next time i close irc it gives me that warning again, i havant noticed anything wrong with my computer though :/

norton said it couldnt fix it, so i deleted the whole folder.

my comp has been shutting off all day randomly, giving me various reasons for error, its been up for a while now, but this is the first message it gave me regarding a virus

you deleted a .dll file? yikes. try uninstalling Twirc, then reload it. i doubtit has anything to do with your pc shutting off though. exactly what does your pc do when it crashes? locks up, reboots, goes blank? what is your OS? have you tried reloading windows then do a virus scan?

nhtmln.dll is a VALID AND COMPLETELY SAFE mirc dll.

IT WAS USED in an IRC backdoor script, and the people that make virus defs decided that meant it itself was a virus.

it isnt.

LOL, I had the EXACT same problem. I reformated 3 times and it keeps coming back, I just said fuck it. I got nothing important anyways on this computer.

i deleted the entire twirc folder, better safe then sorry i guess...

when it shuts off its like someone shuts off the power for a second, it goes right back on and sometimes i get a blue screen giving me some error messages...

such messages included: ACPI.sys error, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, some driver error, BIOS memory not fully ACPI compliant error

hmm... for a while when i turned it on, my monitor wasnt receiving a signal, i let it sit for a while, rebooted and got the virus message, i then deleted the folder it was in, and am now running a virus scan.

Gon said:
moo.dll used to cause a false positive in AVP

This is the same thing happening with a different file.

I've had BOTH moo.dll and nhtmln.dll on my comp (infact, the ones IN twirc) for 2 years. and fyi, my comp still runs great.

well if this was a valid file the whole time why wasnt it picked up before? (though i did just run a live update on norton protection this morning)

Back