Besides Gaming/Tribes, Why do you come to TW?

Deranged

Veteran X
My reason for coming here is to read up on all of the latest news/gossip/life stories.

There is a plethora of views and opinions here. I find it a pleasure to be able to read what people say on certain issues and subjects. It's kind of one of those things where you never really know how a lot of other people think unless you visit a site like this or you actually come into personal contact with as many people in your daily life.

I find it wonderful to be able to read up on what's going on. Whether it be news related, or just random bs. At times, it can be an eye opener in some respects.

You never even played tribes to my knowledge so why are you here in the first place? Something Awful deserves you.

Deranged said:
My reason for coming here is to read up on all of the latest news/gossip/life stories.

There is a plethora of views and opinions here. I find it a pleasure to be able to read what people say on certain issues and subjects. It's kind of one of those things where you never really know how a lot of other people think unless you visit a site like this or you actually come into personal contact with as many people in your daily life.

I find it wonderful to be able to read up on what's going on. Whether it be news related, or just random bs. At times, it can be an eye opener in some respects.

omg...

ive always thought you kept coming back cuz you're still infatuated with the mariachi

its one thing for veterans to flame critter, another for you asshats to do it.

Well made point, Critter, and I agree. I love just seeing all the diff opinions and shit of this place. ITs just really interesting.

Deranged said:

No one comes here for gaming.

No, I have this gift of needing to read things all the time. And coming here allows me to do so without necessarily making a comment or doing so if I would like.

I read a lot. I like to read the news sometimes, but I find it very commercialized in a lot of ways. If I come here to see whats going on, I dont have to worry about reading the governments view on every news subject.

I surf a lot also. Constantly looking up information about subjects on different things to enlighten myself on past history, current daily news, and subjects of personal interest.

I used to read books, now I read the internet instead. :p

There is no other reason.

I like how smart/funny everyone is, I like the photoshop threadz, I like the humor and the absurdity . . . but really, if I didn't play Tribes there'd be zero reason for me to come here. It's just that if I am going to be part of a community of people who play my favorite game ever, and I can also share files and opinions and advice (both technical and personal) I'll do that. But if I stopped playing Tribes, I honestly would never come here.

Fortunately, I have never gotten tired of Tribes 1. I haven't really given Tribes 2 enough of a chance yet, because it's so different skiing-wise (the feel is so . . . different), but I have to admit that when I turn the 'Tribes 1' hub of my gaming brain off, it was a fun game. When it wasn't crashing. So when I just can't stand Tribes 1's graphics any more, maybe I will turn to Tribes 2. In any event, I'll probably be around Tribalwar until one of us dies.

Back