My experience with wireless keyboards and mice...

Big Monkey

Veteran XV
I bought the Microsoft combo for around $70 or so from NewEgg. I thought, "hmm... It will be cool to be cordless with that setup, plus I trust Microsoft so it should be a good product"

Well, for the most part I was right. The mouse works great and the keyboard ALMOST works as good, but not quite.

The only problem I have is that the config I have been playing Tribes with so long requires me to be pressing like 3 or 4 keys at a time on the keyboard(all at once), and the keyboard craps out and decides not to send one of those signals which usually ends up being my jetpack.

So when I game I had to revert back to my corded kb. :ugh:

The wireless mouse worked well up untill I wanted to mine disk someone, then I realized the mouse was only equipped with three buttons and not the five I was accustomed to and had mapped some binds to that 4th and 5th button :D

Damnit! I was really hoping to be able to use this setup, but now I will just admit that I will be destined to use a wired keyboard until I can find a better one that can support multi-key presses, or I relearn the way I play shooter games. I don't plan on relearning a new keybind config anytime soon, so I suppose I will just donate this combo to my sister or sell it and go for a good wired keyboard.

I did like the fact that the mouse worked great though with nothing holding me back aside from the 4th and 5th buttons. So I went back to NewEgg and ordered me an MX700 from Logitech which I've heard so much about. It is black and silver(cool), cordless(really cool), and has those extra buttons I want(omg omg omg)!!!

So for those of you who were wondering just how well these things are for gaming, there you have it.

Mice = no complaints
Keyboards = depends on how many keys you use at once, may get signal loss

Oh and one more thing, the Microsoft setup runs on Alkaline batteries(AA) which you will have to keep replacing. I haven't gone through my first pair yet(2 required for both kb and mouse) so I can't say how long they last, then again it has only been less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
you talking about that... bluetooth setup?

they discontinued it for those reasons i believe

It's not blue tooth. And if it is it doesn't say it anywhere on the box it came in, nor the advertisement.

I ordered a nice black keyboard and the MX700 tonight, and while I was at it I figure I'd toss in an extra 512Meg of Corsair XMS PC3500C2 to give me a total of 1 gig :D

Lesson learned, but now I get to try out that mouse that everyone is going nuts over, plus it has rechargeable batteries which is a great option IMO.

Back