Ari Gets Laughed Out of the White House Briefing Room

Dresden

Veteran XX
Then one tidbit floated up. A reporter asked about a French report that says Bush is offering a bundle of concessions (and I think she actually said 'buying votes') to Mexico and Colombia, granting worker amnesty and so on. Ari tap-danced. Then she (the reporter) started to press the issue by saying "they (the French) are quoting two US State Dept. Diplomats that Bush intends to give work permits to Colombia and Mexico."

WOW. WOW.... Ari just drew himself up with imperious indignation and said something like "you're implying that the President is buying the votes of other nations and that's just not a consideration" or words to that effect.

And guess what happened? The whole press corps, normally sheep, broke out in laughter... sweet, derisive laughter. They kept on laughing as Ari turned on his heels and strode out. Sheesh.
http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/03/02/26_Ari.html

Go down to White House Press Briefing (02/25/2003) and click on the video. After it buffers, play from about 28 minutes forward for context, 30 minutes forward to watch Press laugh at Ari's BIG FAT GOP LIE.
http://video.c-span.org:8080/ramgen/edrive/iraq022503_whpb.rm

^^ video of it

the one thing that really bugs me about the white house (all administrations) is that if a reporter asks a question like that...basically asks any question that is vaguely "threatening", they will never get called on again to ask a question. It's retarded, and it's a form of censorship.

if there was ONE thing in government i could change, I'd make it all transparent, up to the Presidential level. Military would be affected but not 100%.

when did u need a credit card to DL the trial version of real player hmm try again i guess

nm found it

on a side note, why the fuck are there people who cant talk with any type of sense in english asking question? There are only a slim few members of the press let into that room, you would think the media they represent would send some that could speak teh engrish.

I think it was more that the press conference was over than that he was laughed off stage. disappointing.

logmans said:
on a side note, why the fuck are there people who cant talk with any type of sense in english asking question? There are only a slim few members of the press let into that room, you would think the media they represent would send some that could speak teh engrish.

Yeah wtf English should be everyones primary language.

I bet all Americans that head to overseas press conferences speak that language fluently with no accent whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

Don't be ignorant.

[Khorne]Johnny X said:
Yeah wtf English should be everyones primary language.

I bet all Americans that head to overseas press conferences speak that language fluently with no accent whatsoever.

:rolleyes:

Don't be ignorant.

you can bet any member of the press that the USA sends to france to cover the highest levels of french government can speak french

Back