I thought Easter was the resurrection of Christ. So how did the Easter bunny exist?

Hello fellow Christians and non believers, Christ was resurrected on Easter yet how come we celebrate it with the Easter bunny and his colored eggs? What is the meaning of the egg hunt? Why is it that Easter is Christ's resurrection, yet we are worshipping the Easter bunny?

Things to ponder on.. hmm... what/why?

[Chen-RG-] said:
Hello fellow Christians and non believers, Christ was resurrected on Easter yet how come we celebrate it with the Easter bunny and his colored eggs? What is the meaning of the egg hunt? Why is it that Easter is Christ's resurrection, yet we are worshipping the Easter bunny?

Easter is also the Spring Festival. It's the celebration of fertility.

[Chen-RG-] said:

its called marketing, get with the times please

has zippo to do with religion

chen knows ALL about marketing, he's supposed to have his smashed-up chimp face on some new lines, you know.

A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.

A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?"

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!

brahahahagayhahhaha i know
The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?" The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

CrayolaMonkey said:
A man was blissfully driving along the highway, when he saw the Easter Bunny hopping across the middle of the road. He swerved to avoid hitting the Bunny, but unfortunately the rabbit jumped in front of his car and was hit. The basket of eggs went flying all over the place.

The driver, being a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulled over to the side of the road, and got out to see what had become of the Bunny carrying the basket. Much to his dismay, the colorful Bunny was dead. The driver felt guilty and began to cry.

A woman driving down the same highway saw the man crying on the side of the road and pulled over. She stepped out of her car and asked the man what was wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explained, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny and killed it. There may not be an Easter because of me. What should I do?"

The woman told the man not to worry. She knew exactly what to do. She went to her car trunk, and pulled out a spray can. She walked over to the limp, dead Bunny, and sprayed the entire contents of the can onto the little furry animal.

Miraculously the Easter Bunny came to back life, jumped up, picked up the spilled eggs and candy, waved its paw at the two humans and hopped on down the road. 50 yards away the Easter Bunny stopped, turned around, waved and hopped on down the road another 50 yards, turned, waved, hopped another 50 yards and waved again!

brahahahagayhahhaha i know
The man was astonished. He said to the woman, "What in heaven's name is in your spray can? What was it that you sprayed on the Easter Bunny?" The woman turned the can around so that the man could read the label. It said: "Hair spray. Restores life to dead hair. Adds permanent wave."

LMAO ROFL. WOW.

What happened when the church was trying to spread christianity through the world they encountered large portions of the population were pagan. The pagans celebrated things in their own way and would not come to embrace the christian holidays as their own. So the people basically took religious holidays and blended them with other local traditions that celebrated seasons, and there you have it. 1/2 religious and 1/2 local/traditional holidays passed down over time.

For people who believe in Christ they worship Christ at those proper times, but also do the normal stuff. For people of other faiths they just do the normal stuff.

I cant remember, but i heard it has to do with mating. Like.. people say, 'they do it like rabbits' or wtvr. They have some kind of relations, but i forgot. Im retarded = /

I have to be honest here. My first reaction to the thread title was, "How the fuck did HE get off my ignore list???"
But Chen actually poses a very well thought out and valid question, and I'd like to know an answer to the same...

noyeti said:
What happened when the church was trying to spread christianity through the world they encountered large portions of the population were pagan. The pagans celebrated things in their own way and would not come to embrace the christian holidays as their own. So the people basically took religious holidays and blended them with other local traditions that celebrated seasons, and there you have it. 1/2 religious and 1/2 local/traditional holidays passed down over time.

For people who believe in Christ they worship Christ at those proper times, but also do the normal stuff. For people of other faiths they just do the normal stuff.

giving this thread a serious answer was a crime against humanity

Crazy8 said:
My favorite Bible verse is Easter Bunny 3:16,

"Chen is a fucking idiot."

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God so loved the world, that he beat the shit out of Chen. That whosoever also beatish the shit out of Chen shalt not perish, but have His everlasting gratitude.

eastercross.jpg

Back