car repainting cost...

groundzero

Veteran XX
ive been thinking of repainting my car from a dark green to a black. about how much would it cost for a full repaint of the car?

Go get some sandpaper, and some black spraypaint from a hardware shop. Less than $20

Depends on quality. You can get a Maaco shitstain of a job for $200-$500 or a high qual job from a well known shop for $3k-$5k.

:)

i used maaco, best paint + painting all the jams and shit = ~ 1k

i thought they did a really good job..... too bad a week later some retard ran into me, totalling my car:(

Maaco basecoat/clearcoat jobs are perfectly fine. My buddy has had his for 2 years through Toronto winters (read: salt) and it's still in prime condition.

if you're going to get a cheap job, and want it to last, you probably want to wet sand and prime the car yourself... cause that's where most of the important labor lies

Blastek said:
if you're going to get a cheap job, and want it to last, you probably want to wet sand and prime the car yourself... cause that's where most of the important labor lies

exactly.

I had my mustang painted at Maaco. But instead of just letting them do it, I took EVERYTHING off of it (bumpers, door handles, antenna, good wheels, trim, etc.), did all the prep sanding and repair, taped all the edges myself, and then trailered it down there and finished taping everything except the winshield, which as I said I already taped the edges so they could just tape the tape doing as crappy of a job as they wanted. All they had to do was put it in their dustfree electrostatic whatever room and paint it.

They have good equipment, better than a lot of body places, so the paintjob itself turned out great I was very happy. That was 12 years ago, and it's still flawless. They even gave me a quart of paint in case I ever needed to do any touchup.

Back