cpu temperatures

Duhck

Veteran XV
so ya... i just got a LCD for temperature and some other crap... and it says my processor is running at 45.5c with the side window on and 43.0c with it off... with my heatsink at full speed.

i have 3 80mm fans, the stock amd heatsink (i think it sucks) and a amd athlon xp 2100+
so the question.. is this running hot or is it normal?

If its not a B core, its probably about right. If you havent already, remove that crappy gum tape they use for the stock heatsink, and put some good AS3 on it. That will help out some.

it dropped to 40 now that i took my window off... lol

and now that its back on.. right back to 44 :-x

Make sure you have your fans positioned the right way (intake in front, exhaust in back). Try the heatsink fan blowing ONTO the CPU and OFF OFF the cpu, see what works better. That really isn't a bad temp for a 2100 tho. That's what mine ran at.

my P4 2.66 ghz is running at 35 degrees C right now
my old amd thunderbird 1ghz would get to like 45 C

thats ok, you have an intel? they can handle it much hotter than that. It only gets hotter when you play games cause of more load on the CPU, I wouldn't worry untill it hit high 50s to 60s

no i have an amd athlon xp 2100+ :\ read first post!

edit: im not worried about temp, ive never had a problem im just wondering how i can make it lower and more consistant

Do what I said ^ there. You could get a better heatsink, a nice copper one. Just those two things along will help. Previous poster mentioned the case fans, also a good idea. Simple things to do, cost a little $, but can help out a lot.

However, if you arent overclocking, its not going to matter really. 40c is not bad at all.

Hey em, i have a p4 1.8 that's currentyy being OCed by roughly 750-800 mhz.

My temps range between 42-50. Is that good or bad?

Comp-Front.jpg

Its an AMD Athlon 2700+ on a MSI KT400 Mobo.

browse my ftp for more info on it :D

yeah that's the case temperature, not the CPU temp.... but its not high either...not 100% sure what the temp IS on the cpu... but its not high. i'm gonna end my reply now. kthxbye.

yeah, its premodded, but i'm a lazy fuck... i'll probably personalize it for meh sooner or later and find a way to keep the Audigy 2 from sticking out SO MUCH

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2700+
Family / Model / Stepping 6 8 1
Extended Family / Model 7 8
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Cpu Clock 2171.6 MHz
Clock multiplier x 13.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 167.0 MHz

Why is your Frontside bus not 266?

or why not 333mhz?

Last edited:
my CPU temp is 61 and it hit 70 once whole playing tibes.

im gunna buy a new heatsink offa newegg now, any recomendations?

Back